Topic: Ouch

I'm a bit old of a Dad for my kids. I was 36 when my first was born. She's 12 now, and I'm 48. She wants to play volleyball. I played in high school and college, so was pleased that she picked a sport where I'd have half a chance of coaching her.  So she's been doing well in her lessons. To encourage her, I joined a team. Today, I played volleyball for 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Now, a dear friend of my wife's is a masseusse. She has been offering free service, but it just seemed weird to me. Tonight I hurt so much, I acquiesced. Dang. At 48, do not play volleyball with 20 somethings for 3.25 hours. Fun? Oh heck yeah! Painful? Indubitably.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Ouch

Awesome - I used to play beach volleyball a ton when I was younger - like 8 or 10 hours every Saturday and Sunday (with lots of "beer breaks"). I was in my 30's, but we would beat the local college kids on a regular basis - granted, we weren't much for rules - no blood, no foul. But back then (75 lbs lighter), I could get up and slam the heck out of a volleyball!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Zurf wrote:

I'm a bit old of a Dad for my kids. I was 36 when my first was born. She's 12 now, and I'm 48. She wants to play volleyball. I played in high school and college, so was pleased that she picked a sport where I'd have half a chance of coaching her.  So she's been doing well in her lessons. To encourage her, I joined a team. Today, I played volleyball for 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Now, a dear friend of my wife's is a masseusse. She has been offering free service, but it just seemed weird to me. Tonight I hurt so much, I acquiesced. Dang. At 48, do not play volleyball with 20 somethings for 3.25 hours. Fun? Oh heck yeah! Painful? Indubitably.

That was good you had some sports time with your girls sounds like you are still in decent shape. I would not go fof the  wife's friend massage that may cause a problem. A good hot bath and some medicine may be safer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Everything in moderation!!!!

If you drink too much, you pay for it later.
If you spend too much, you pay for it later.
If you play too hard, you pay for it later.

I'm sure you'll re-coop just fine and be back at it again. I know I would, volleyball is very fun.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it bad when the massage therapist says "Holy crap!" a lot? And sometimes, "That's not supposed to be like that!"

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

Is it bad when the massage therapist says "Holy crap!" a lot? And sometimes, "That's not supposed to be like that!"

Zurf, you need to really worry when the therapist says " I'm going to need to call in my friend who is a panel
beater".

Kudos to you for doing it, next time will be easier, pretty soon you wont feel it at all.

Jamie

topdown wrote:

Awesome - I used to play beach volleyball a ton when I was younger - like 8 or 10 hours every Saturday and Sunday (with lots of "beer breaks"). I was in my 30's, but we would beat the local college kids on a regular basis - granted, we weren't much for rules - no blood, no foul. But back then (75 lbs lighter), I could get up and slam the heck out of a volleyball!

Dude, from what I hear and the pics I have seen of ya, you can just stand in the middle and nail the ball since you stand above everyone! big_smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

A real massage is nothing that would make me think of a lady like that! LOLOL they hurt but the hurt is a good hurt.     I had a deep mussel massage and hurt for a day, but after that I felt really good.  its hard to think of your thearapist that way when she is putting an elbow into your glute and pulling your knee up! LOLOL and a elbow into your wing.  Thought I was at Helgas house of pain.  LOLOL big_smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Zurf - My friend - Lordy, I respect your attempt, but I am sure glad I had my kids earlier in life and I didn't have to go through what you are going through now. Learn and do NOT repeat the experience. Play guitar...and maybe write a song about this...I recommend you write a country song.  wink

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Ibuprofen!
Dj

Beamer andnaoslager nailed it.  She is a licensed massage therapist specializing in deep tissue and sports injury. Also ibuprufen is my friend.