Topic: MitterB bought a guitar!

I spoke to my dear friend Mitter B yesterday and he told me he bought a guitar!. Not just any guitar - he bought a Martin! MitterB recently retired after 30 years working as a civil servant and decided picking up the guitar would be a fun thing to do in his retirement. His goal is to learn a few chords so he can join us in chordiestock II.

I told him it was essential that he join chordie and I hope this introductory message encourages him to do so. So come on MitterB - stop in and say hello!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: MitterB bought a guitar!

Bring it MitterB.

In the meanwhile, send him to JustinGuitar, Guitarjamz, and yourguitarsage. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

come on mitterB we would like too meet you. You chose a good name in guitars!!!,a Martin for your first good for you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Mitter B here! Well thanks to my old friend topdown I am taking the guitar plunge! I have started the beginner lessons with JustinGuitar and have been doing a lot of reading. I'm sure I will be asking you guys questions so bare with me...Hopefully with alot of practice I will be able to play a couple of songs soon and maybe meet some of you at chordiestock II although I will relegate myself to the novice corner smile

Welcome Mitter B to the friendliest guitar forum on the entire interwebs. I've met many great friends here from all corners of the globe and the depth of knowledge and skills is extraordinary. It truly is a chordie family and I am very excited you have joined and will be sharing your guitar experiences.

A NGD (New Guitar Day) thread would be great - tell us about your new guitar - let me know if you need help posting pictures! Sure would like to see some shots of that new Martin!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

we all start at the bottom and learn too go up get alot of pratice and advice from topdown. You should have a couple of songs too go too by the time the chordiestock comes around. You might also do a two person play for your first time out. Look around the easy songbooks and choose some songs you have a real passion too play. I guess you must have known that a martin is top of the line I am still saving too buy one!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey Dino...Thanx for the advice. I am in the process of taking The JustinGuitar beginner course and will search out the easy songbooks.

I saved for the Martin too and kind of looked at it as an investment.

Sont worry you wont be the only novice, 25 yrs and Im just above that LOLOL Welcome and I look fwd to meeting you.  BTW I can sit down with ya and show you at least 4 easy 3 chord songs,, hell thats half my list!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Welcome Mitter B, nice to meet you! Looking forward to some photos to prove the NGD smile.

Pull up a chair, sit back, relax and ask away. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welcome Mitter B. great site here, great people too..

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Welcome Mitter!  You've got a few months to learn.  By then you will surely be able to play a couple songs.  I still play some of my FIRST songs ever learned.  Tom Dooley is a super easy one... just A7 and D chords through the whole song (great if you already know the song of course).  Learning to play on a Martin, you are soooo lucky!!!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Jambalaya can be done with just C and G. If you use the cheater chords, that's just one finger each. If you use G7 instead of G, you don't even have to change frets.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome Mitter B.  I, too started heavy into guitar when I retired and I bought a Martin also.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcome to Chordie, Mitter B! Any friend of Jeff's...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Welcome to chordae Mitter B!!  Wow, a Martin for your first guitar. That`s like getting a new Mercedes for your first car.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!! I will be relying on you all for advice and inspiration as I begin my new endeavor. I know I've got a lot to learn.

Welcome Mitter!!!!

We all have a lot to learn. No matter how long you've been playing there is still more out there.

Pics please!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mitter,  I just commented on the axe... nice.
Welcome to the best guitar forum around.

Happy strumming!
Jim