1 (edited by bluejeep 2013-12-10 17:58:56)

Topic: Have I been hacked?

This morning I noticed a post in the guitars and accessories section from "erum". It seemed to be a word for word repost of something I had written a while back (2013-07-16). When I tried to check on all posts I had made I found nothing, no posts at all.  Am I going bonkers or do we really have a problem?

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Re: Have I been hacked?

bluejeep, I clicked on your user name shows you have 275 posts and it opend to an option to view all posts. They are still there. Hope this helps.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Thanks deadstring, I was able to access my posts through another browser, thats how I was able to find my original post from july. Still can't get to my posts using my usual browser though. It is a bit odd that someone (erum) would copy one of my posts word for word. Could this be a spammer trying to find another was in? or am I worried for nothing?

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

hi bluejeep, this erum will be added to the moderators watch list, this is when we find that a new (usually) member acts suspiciously, copying posts etc, then returning sometime later to add spam or some other effluent, thanks for the report.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.