Topic: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. And special thanx to all of you for your supportive messages and comments the past few months. I did notice. Thanx again.    Joey

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving !! And thanks for the best site on the Net !!!

Joe

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
dj

Happy Thanksgiving

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I've got the turkey in the oven and deer steaks are on the way courtesy of my son-inlaw.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Wishing all you guys and gals over the pond a Happy Thanksgiving from Portugal. (Where turkey is called peru smile).

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

bensonp wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving

Pete,
I just noticed your signature line. I like it.
Dj

Happy thanksgiving ( I am a day late). on the road.!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Make it count.  Have fun.  Wishing you nothing but the best Triple J

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

10 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-11-30 12:30:09)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! We had our Canadian version last month, but one can never be too thankful.

On that note, I'd like to say how especially thankful I am for my dear wife. She doesn't go on Chordie so this isn't a "brownie point" post ... she's honestly one of the most terrific people I know. After a homeless man in a small town near here died a couple months ago, she began a charity drive to collect warm coats, sleeping bags, and other warm clothes for homeless folk. This evening, accompanied by our son and his girlfriend, we're going to be driving around looking for people in need, and hoping to make their nights a little warmer with clothes and sandwiches. This was all her idea and effort, and I'm thankful that the good Lord gave me such a caring person to be my best friend and wife of over 34 years now.

'Nuff said.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! We had our Canadian version last month, but one can never be too thankful.

On that note, I'd like to say how especially thankful I am for my dear wife. She doesn't go on Chordie so this isn't a "brownie point" post ... she's honestly one of the most terrific people I know. After a homeless man in a small town near here died a couple months ago, she began a charity drive to collect warm coats, sleeping bags, and other warm clothes for homeless folk. This evening, accompanied by our son and his girlfriend, we're going to be driving around looking for people in need, and hoping to make their nights a little warmer with clothes and sandwiches. This was all her idea and effort, and I'm thankful that the good Lord gave me such a caring person to be my best friend and wife of over 34 years now.

'Nuff said.

She sounds like a real keeper T F, good ladys like that are hard too find.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

12 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-12-01 11:58:17)

As follow up to last night's walkabout ...

We handed out about a dozen warm coats, the 5 sleeping bags we had, lots of gloves & hats, and a bunch of ham sandwiches to some homeless men we found in various locales. What was left we dropped off at a shelter, where several teary-eyed men said "Thanks!" in lots of ways. Many of them have mental illnesses and/or addictions, but are all human beings who deserve to be safe and warm.

The 4 of us gave thanks afterwards for being privileged to have enough to help those less fortunate, and I don't think I've ever felt more thankful in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone ... pay it forward!

Pete, i too like your signature line but, where i live beer is replaced by Bourbon, a little water by.
                                                                                                                        b.