1 (edited by davep53 2013-12-07 13:32:10)

Topic: trying to learn

Hi there...about 6yrs ago my daughter bought me a Yamaha F310 acoustic for christmas,i had all the intentions of learning to play,but i never did,but recently at the ripe old age of 60 i have started to learn,a friend of mine has been giving me a couple of lessons,i can manage to play a good few chords,but changing from one to another im finding hard,but i intend to try and master it,if i can i hope to treat myself to a 6 string banjo tuned to EBGDAE,then i can play guitar chords with the banjo sound.  http://goatbasher1953.blogspot.ie/

Re: trying to learn

Go for it. It is a great way to spend spare time.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Bang away on the guitars, but the goats might bang back.  I would love a banjotar myself. Good luck and keep up yhe good work.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good luck Dave.  It takes time buddy.  Keep at it and practice a lot.  It will eventually get much easier to switch between chords.  Just try two or three chords at a time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Keep at it and you will learn. In a few months you will look back and think, why was that so hard? It all gets easier with practice.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

hi dave and welcome here like they said above keep on practicing and good things will happen with the guitar.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Dave!  Remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step.  Sounds like you've already taken a few steps.  Have fun on your journey.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Hi, Dave.........You are the same age I was when I started, 60.  That was 4 years ago.  Right now I couldn't even THINK of not continuing. Where I live "in the middle of no where", access to instructors is nil.  I have learned sooooo much on the internet, this site and others.  A buddy of mine that has played for almost 50 years got me started.  The best thing he did was get me started on chords that fit into a progression.  If you learn chord progressions, you can play numerous songs.  Being able to play songs as you learn chords is a BIG help to keep the boredom in check.  BUT above all............Keep It Fun, Dean

Keeping It Fun, Dean
'91 Epiphone PR350E
'11 Taylor GC3
'15 Taylor GS Mini/Mahogany

Gidday,
Yeah i just bought a banjotar,having a real blast with it.
a few songs that haven`t worked for me on guitar,are working out really good on banjo.

Rock on.  B

The King Of Audio Torture