Topic: Whats up!!

I'm new if that's possible at this point in time.
So what do we chat about. I'm having a beer and wasting time when I could be practicing.
Next..............................

Re: Whats up!!

Hi Dave - I read your post about jamming with some of the blues legends - very cool. Where are you from (I know - "north of here")? Check the chordiestock II thread - having a little party in Florida in February - all chordians are welcome!

Welcome to the site!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Dave, here you can chat about anything, but we avoid religion and politics as they can get too controversial. As we have some young people and ladies, both as Members and visitors, we are always very careful with out language. There are 'Stickies' at the start of most sections that give guidelines to help prevent newbies from putting their foot in it lol.

So please let us know of the guitars you have, some of your experiences and about the people you have played with.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanx. Roger and topdog. I'm in northern Illinois. It's snowing right now. I'm more of a summer guy oh well.
So a little about me. I play strats, and partocaster mainly. I have a less paul but I don't play it much anymore. I have a fender twin that I've been using for 40+ yrs.
About 9 months ago I got myself a fender mustang 3 amp cause The twin all of a sudden got really heavy so my back said to go lighter. Same with the less paul.
The mustang has plenty of power but it sure took a while to get it to sound right. I'm still not sure if I want to keep it after playing a tube amp forever but will see.
Gotta go. have a great day.

Glad to meet you Dave.  I don't know much about electric guitars.  I have been an acoustic lover for quite awhile.  It's nice to just be able to pick up the guitar and play and sing without having to worry about plugging in and what knob to adjust.  That's just my opinion.  We have severals electric players in the group.  I am sure they will chime in eventually.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcome Dave, from down here in New Zealand. A nice long hot summer down here. Like Pete I'm an acoustic guy too. Dont have to worry about all the gear and a power supply! But like me I hope you enjoy the diverse and interesting characters on here

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Hi dave and welcome here,I do about ninety percent acoustic and also have a strat and a Gibson 335 copy.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm a big fan of acoustic guitar. I have a noname beater 6 string that I've had forever Also a dobro (cheepo) and a guild 12 string.
New Zealand sounds good. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

Dave if you want a light all tube amp check out the Bugera V5 It may be just what your looking for.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Hey beamer, that's a good sounding amp but I need to be able to keep up in a band situation. Most gigs I do nowadays we don't get to mike the amps. Also I've found that even when you can mike everything it's hard to get a good mix on stage. The sound on the stage is so important to how well you can play off each other.
Texas. I got some family in fugerville (I think that's what it's called) just outside of auston. Also some folks I used to jam with just outside of Huston. We hope to get that way in march if the gigs line up right.