Topic: Two New Feature Requests

I'd like to be able to publish a songbook to a subset of Chordie users.  I'd like to be able to create a new song on chordie without having to thrash a copy of a different song.

Here's my reasoning.  I'm working in a music project with some other people. We're doing a lot of songwriting and original work (along with a few covers)  and we're using paper, and email, and other means to keep track of everything.   I'd like to introduce my bandmates to Chordie and use it as the place where we do our composition.

In my perfect Chordie world, I would create a group of users and call it My Band.   Then I would create a songbook, and publish it to all the members of My Band, rather than the community at large.   Then I would be able to "Create New Song" and write it up in the traditional manner.

The bennefits for My Band are obvious.  The bennefits to Chordie is that it's now not just a tool for musicians, but a tool for groups of musicians.  That means more users, and more activity on the site, and ultimately, more songs.

Mingle.  Discus.   smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Re: Two New Feature Requests

Very intriguing idea - not being a programmer, I have no idea what it would take to create these features but I can certainly see the benefits.  Such a feature would make collaborative efforts much easier.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Reminds me of a songwriters circle, except online. I tried to create one on Yahoo! groups, but it inevitably (sp?) got taken over by spammers. I think Chordie could be a lot more successful than any Yahoo! group. I think it's a wonderous idea. Although, I think the songs people write themselves should be kept seperate from the professionally written/pop songs. Just to avoid a huge jumble of songs that you would have to search through in order to really find exactly what you're looking for. once again, great idea.
Here's to you, bright-minded chordians! where would we be without you?

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

jpage_roxmysox wrote:

Reminds me of a songwriters circle, except online. I tried to create one on Yahoo! groups, but it inevitably (sp?) got taken over by spammers. I think Chordie could be a lot more successful than any Yahoo! group. I think it's a wonderous idea. Although, I think the songs people write themselves should be kept seperate from the professionally written/pop songs. Just to avoid a huge jumble of songs that you would have to search through in order to really find exactly what you're looking for. once again, great idea.
Here's to you, bright-minded chordians! where would we be without you?

Good point on the songs.  I guess a way to mitigate that would be to have them reviewed or voted on or something like that.  Or better yet, just published as just another band, but marked as a "Chordie Band" so people know they are original works.

Heck, if this ever gets implemented, I'll pimp for Chordie at every gig.  big_smile

Although I am not understanding the concept it seems really intriguing, I am not a computer wizzard, and not a guitar wizzard, but I have written a bunch of melodies, about 40 songs, lyrics included, but it's still in my mind.
Is there a way, it's just a thought, and forgive if I am wrong, are there members on this site, who did compose songs and did put the songs on myspace, or youtube.
Or am I probably not following your goal.
It sounds so interesting, but I admit that I don't get the concept, my apologies for this.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Well, look at it this way.

There are four guys in my band.  Me (bass) two guitar players, and a drummer.  We all write songs.  I write on paper, and bring them to rehersal.  Another guy writes in e-mail, and sends it out.   Someone has a suggestion for a song, and I pencil it in.  The other guys do what they do.  So at any given time we have half a dozen unfinished songs that we would all be working on, in equally as many formats.

What I'd like to be able to do is have the other three band mates sign up for Chordie accounts, and then create a songbook that is viewable, and editable by only those three other guys.  That way we can use Chord ie as a way to compose, and collaborate together, and not have our entire songbook spread out all over creation.