Topic: SongBook app on IPad

Hello all

I have an app called SongBook on my IPad.

It is supposed to be able to import all chordpro files.  It is touted as being Chordie friendly.

I'm finding it very difficult to import songs, sometimes I can, sometimes not.

Can anyone help me to get a good method of importing any chosen song from Chordie.

Great site by the way, good stuff.

Ia

2 (edited by beamer 2012-09-20 20:52:31)

Re: SongBook app on IPad

look down the topics here this has been discused at length but I dont think a firm and good solution has been found. lots of workarounds though  big_smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Try OnSong

4 (edited by sandmun 2013-11-29 13:01:27)

I had the Chordie songbook app and when I reset my iPad to factory settings I lost it . I can't find it in iTunes and I don't know where I got it from to begin with.
Can any one advise?
PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH A LINK TO CHORDIE SONGBOOK? At crosby.sandy@ymail.com

5 (edited by sandmun 2013-11-29 13:04:15)

Where do you download songbook from???
for iPad?

Ian Allan wrote:

Hello all

I have an app called SongBook on my IPad.

It is supposed to be able to import all chordpro files.  It is touted as being Chordie friendly.

I'm finding it very difficult to import songs, sometimes I can, sometimes not.

Can anyone help me to get a good method of importing any chosen song from Chordie.

Great site by the way, good stuff.

Ia

Where did you the App Songbook?

I have on song, how do I export from chordie to my iPad?

Answer my question Ian Allan please if you get to read this?
WHERE DID YOU GET OR HOW DID YOU GET Songbook from?????

9 (edited by topdown 2013-12-16 16:55:09)

Reel neg I have on song as well, but that doesn't answer my {CENSORED} question!!!!

Edited by Moderator Topdown - one more curse word and you won't have to worry about visiting this forum again.

I have on song, how do I export from chordie to my iPad?

I use Dropbox to load my songs to Songbook on IPAD.  It's free.  You just copy chordpro files to Dropbox then it gives you the option to open the file in Sonkbook.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

To be clear, as it seemed to elude some of the folks above, Chordie's songbook is on the My Songbook tab at the top of the Chordie web site.  Chordie does not produce and is not liable for third party apps that claim to be Chordie friendly.  It's a shame the fellow above lost his songbook, but he got several suggestions of what to use to re-export the songs from his Chordie songbook. 

I think it's important to take this opportunity to make the tangentially related note that Chordie hosts precisely NONE of the songs.  Chordie allows songs hosted elsewhere to be edited, modified, and saved to a songbook ON THIS PAGE.  We do not, to the best of my knowledge, sponsor or promote any Apple or Android app for exporting songbooks to tablets for later viewing.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

To be clear, as it seemed to elude some of the folks above, Chordie's songbook is on the My Songbook tab at the top of the Chordie web site.  Chordie does not produce and is not liable for third party apps that claim to be Chordie friendly.  It's a shame the fellow above lost his songbook, but he got several suggestions of what to use to re-export the songs from his Chordie songbook. 

I think it's important to take this opportunity to make the tangentially related note that Chordie hosts precisely NONE of the songs.  Chordie allows songs hosted elsewhere to be edited, modified, and saved to a songbook ON THIS PAGE.  We do not, to the best of my knowledge, sponsor or promote any Apple or Android app for exporting songbooks to tablets for later viewing.

This is exactly why I have been trying to hookup Chordie and Linkesoft Songbook for years.  They compliment one another.  I talked to Linkesoft and asked them to check with Chordie about advertising their product on Chordie and they sounded interested but have not heard anything yet.  Someone needs to show this product to per and get them together.  I can't speak highly enough about this product. And, no I don't work for them or have any other reason to boast of their product, other than the fact it is an excellent way to keep your songs in order digitally.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Since chordie has changed it's format I can't import songs from songbook to my Ipad, and was trying to help my friend get songs and his will not import song at all now even when the import is highlighted. A lot of songs does not have the import highlighted at all. Making it harder to use as a working musician.