Topic: Origin of Your Nickname?

A member emailed me to ask about something, and also wondered where the nickname "Tenement Funster" came from. Of course many will recognize this as the name of a song from Queen's "Sheer Heart Attack" album. A friend from those days thought that a lot of the words described me to a tee, and pinned it on me. So for years after many of that gang simply called me "Funster":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNYFrT4yRdU

A lot of Chordian's have interesting nicknames they use on the site. How about sharing the origins with the rest of us?

It's -20 Celsius here today (that's -4 Fahrenheit) and too doggone cold to do anything but stay inside to read, strum, and tie flies.

Re: Origin of Your Nickname?

Mine is the name of my blog....

It's the first syllable of my last name.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

GTX was an oil by Castrol years ago and because my initials are GT it stuck, sorry is that a pun on oil.

the chordie geordie

The color of my favorite rock crawler/hill climbing jeep!  It's cold, freezing rain up here on the mountain today, so I will have lots of guitar time.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

The name of my favourite guitar shop in Dunedin New Zealand - the guy specializes in good quality instruments and and very helpful with advice on all guitar matters

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Mine is the name my parents gave me.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Part of my name!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

i've had many nicknames over the years, some of which can be repeated.

i used to work in a steel stock holders, so i became "rusty steel"

i worked most recently in a tinning factory, so i became known as the "tin man" isnt everyone?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I too use most of the names my parents gave me (I omit the Clive from the middle). It save a lot of confusion and there are not that many people with the same name smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I have a bad eye...

badeye    cool

one caper after another

part  of my  name   and its  the  same as  I  use on other  forums

N - ortheast
E - ast
L - ouisian
a

My other toy

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3150/2639537575_e1050995c2_z.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

There is one thing that would look really nice on that car. My License Plates.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

The nickname Joey came from being the youngest of three in my family with the same name. My grandfather was Joe. A cousin that is 6 years older than me is Joseph. I was the youngest and they called me Joey. Plus we all lived next door to each other. The chordie name  joeyjoeyjoey came from the beginning of the old "Joey Bishop Show". People always say that to me. It stands out so much to me that I have it tattooed on my arm.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I love that toy,I would give it two thumbs up if I had the big blue thumbs!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4kb7eNKx31r4taueo1_400.gif

Your wish came true smile - Roger

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Mine is also part of my name.

Mine is nothing to do with beat or music  it`s just plain true.
my other passions are playing tennis and dabbling in all sorts of sports
which i`m not much good at, hence `Easybeat`

The King Of Audio Torture

My high school team's mascot were the Vikings; I have always really enjoyed bass fishing.  A friend of mine first called me the bass viking after he and I competed in a local fishing tourney as kind of a jab since we were competitor's at different schools when younger.  When I commented about this to another friend, he very politely told me "no, it was not bass  viking he was calling you; but rather he took one look at my 6' 2"  350 lb frame and said I was a "big ass viking" and just shortened it to Bass Viking.  Call me whatever as long as you call me when you are having a jam session and I can come and listen to all you fine folks having fun with our music.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

My nickname comes from the books written by Martin Cruz Smith about a Russian detective called Arkady Renko. Hence Arkady no musical connection also I used the name for my recorded music.
Short and easy to remember.

...............and it is Arkady's birthday today. Happy Birthday Ark smile.............

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Mykidsmom was taken elsewhere on the nets when I wanted one that reflected my true title in life. Me it became and stuck else where and so I continue to use it every where.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Btw, we are expecing a high of 1 F today and -25 windchills. I was hoping to go to the YMVA and sit in the sauna, but I have doubts about my car starting in this cold and making it there with the snowy roads that will never clear up at these temps. I am thinking guitar, hot bath, and maybe taking the xmas decor down instead. Ick.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I expect most people will think me really sad ,i am a Manchester Utd supporter (english soccer team for our overseas friends who may not be familiar with them ) and they have had some great players who have worn the number 7 shirt , but to me probably the greatest was George Best , he truly is the onenumber7 !!