Topic: Gibson Min-Etune

Anyone heard of this thing?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/min-etune.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g08c4lqfJw4.

Couldn't find a price for the whole kit itself. I'm sure it's not cheap. Replacement parts are available at a pretty penny. Tuners $40 each, battery $40, charger $20. Basically turns any guitar into a robot. Cool idea, nifty gadget, fun to watch it work, but really?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Gibson Min-Etune

That's quite interesting.  It would make life much easier, but I wonder what it's like to string the guitar if there's any issues there.  I looked on the web and it appears you need to buy a Gibson with it already installed.  Price range is $825 USED... and up of course.  A Les Paul 60's Tribute with the min-Etune starts at around 1K.  I imagine Gibson would be happy to custom install one for a rather expensive fee.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Correction, that's the price without the Min-Etune... it's $2K with it!  AHHH!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

This looks like the "Mother of all Gadgets". For what little time and effort it takes to tune up with a little clip-on, battery-operated tuner, this thing just seems silly.

Gibson came out with the robot guitars a couple years ago. Saw no need for one then and although this is cool I see no need to change. I'll keep my stock tuners on my Ovation and use the money these would cost to buy something important. Like another guitar.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

I saw one similer acouple of months ago and it was in a Populer Science issue seems the price was a lot less but it was not a Gibson. I have thrown out that issue,but maybe it can be found online.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think if you cant tune your guitar you might consider playing drums

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I can see where this could be useful at times and to different people. It all depends what you are trying to do. But if you only use simple standard tuning I don't think it's worth it. Down side is it's new technology and probably has lots of flaws still not completely worked out. But that doesn't stop a company from putting it out.  Also not going to be cost effective. I wonder how many will actually be sold ?

Joe

Just noticed on Epiphone's site that they're including Min-Etune gadgetry on a lot of their "New for 2014" models. I can't imagine something like this would motivate a buyer to choose one instrument over another, but everyone's different.

I do not see them as that great for your average player I think they would be a good asset if you are a pro or performing a lot  on open mike nights etc.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Russell_Harding wrote:

I think if you cant tune your guitar you might consider playing drums

Tuning drums is a MOTHER compared tgo a guitar! LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)