Topic: New Video

http://fandalism.com/jlustick/cohX

A link to a video of our version of "All I Want Is A Garden" which is a song by the group Brother Sun.

Re: New Video

Nice job Jeff!!!

Voorheesville. Too funny. I wonder if that's how they came up with the name for Jason in Friday the 13th.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to watch and comment on this video. It is much appreciated!!!

Voorheesville is a pretty quiet placw but I'll keep my eyes peeled for Jason!!!

Excellent Jeff

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks Ben-much appreciated.

Excellent job Jeff, the vocals and harmonies were spot on.

As a fellow songwriter I also took the time to listen to your originals.  I was especially impressed with "A Child's Eyes".  Besides the well-written lyrics the verses were presented in a consistent ABAB rhyme structure with excellent phrasing and cadence.  The prosody was dead on due to your use of minor chords to complement the lyrics. The hook/chorus grabbed my attention as a well-written song should. All-in-all a really good song about a difficult subject.

I found it interesting that in most of your other songs you do not utilize a lyrical chorus or hook, but rather a melodic chorus (guitar riff).  Is this a writing style you developed on your own or is it influenced by a particular songwriter? 

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Ed,

Thank you for the feedback-I loved doing that song with Susan and Kate doing harmonies. I also appreciate your feedback about the songs that I wrote. "A Child's Eyes" is actually one of my favorites that I've written for lots of reasons. Your comment about  the structure of some of my other songs is an interesting one. I think it is more a personsl style than anything else. If I'm honest about it I would have to say that sometimes it just happens that way and other times I can't find a lyrical chorus or hook that I like well enough to include. That tells me I need more practice writing those parts!!!! There are times when I wish I had someone else to write with since evryone has a different outlook and strengths but so far all of my writing has been just me. I do play with other people (obvious in some of the videos) but no one has been interested in writing. Oh well....

Is there someplace where I could go to hear your music???