Topic: New Guitar Day

I just got this tonight I have been looking at it for a few days waiting to pull the trigger I am going to replace the neck with a blond maple neck and put humbucking pickups with a double coil pickup at the bridge I will replace the pick guard with a custom design I am ordering  and some rewiring will be needed but I love the color and the price was really low $111.00 with shipping I can swap my tuning pegs from my old neck they are still excellent all in all it will be screaming when I am finished with it A nice winter project smile
http://www.rondomusic.com/eg462mrdpack.html

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: New Guitar Day

Score!!! Happy NGD Russ. From what I have heard about Rondo, that is a really good deal for one of their products. Allbeit, they are not the most quality instrument, but I'm sure they serve us amateurs very well. Someday I'll be pulling the trigger on one of their LP's like the one you picked up recently.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

Score!!! Happy NGD Russ. From what I have heard about Rondo, that is a really good deal for one of their products. Allbeit, they are not the most quality instrument, but I'm sure they serve us amateurs very well. Someday I'll be pulling the trigger on one of their LP's like the one you picked up recently.

Yeah not a bad price and as far as quality when I am finished modifying it will be as good or better then any fender strat I got it for the body color not the neck or even the rest it would cost me almost 200 dollars to spray my strat so the way I look at it is I saved a hundred bucks and got a bag and a crappy amp and the LP I have from Rondo with the new Stetsbar ran close to $400 but I'm very happy with it smile

Happy NGD! Love the color.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bluejeep wrote:

Happy NGD! Love the color.

Thanks yeah its really purrtty smile

nice russ,also having the 6 agustable bridge seems like a good feature. Happy N.G. day!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Enjoy your new friend !!!

Joe

dino48 wrote:

nice russ,also having the 6 agustable bridge seems like a good feature. Happy N.G. day!

dino thanks That was one consideration but the color really sealed the deal smile

Tyson7 wrote:

Enjoy your new friend !!!

Joe

Will do Joe and you will be hearing it soon smile

10 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-01-20 11:31:10)

Russell ...

You've become the unofficial spokesman for Rondo guitars in these parts. The mods you're looking to do with your latest rig should be very cool ... have fun! When Mark Knopfler once spoke about getting his first Strat, he said: "Of course, it had to be a red one."

Tenement Funster wrote:

Russell ...

You've become the unofficial spokesman for Rondo guitars in these parts. The mods you're looking to do with your latest rig should be very cool ... have fun! When Mark Knopfler once spoke about getting his first Strat, he said: "Of course, it had to be a red one."

TF I have owned several Fender guitars from Strat's,Tele's Jaguars to mustangs my present guitar started out as a Chinese made SO1 Standard copy but that's where the similarity ended I put a Mity Mite neck on Humbucking pickups and rewired it and added some custom tuners total investment less then $400.00 a far cry from the cost of an American Strat and it plays and sounds as nice so this is just another project something I enjoy doing but the color of my newest guitar is beautiful to me that's all that counts the rest is just hardware and wiring and I agree with Mark Knopfler it has to be red. smile

I love "Hot Rodded"  guitars. Like putting a V8 in a corolla. Looks cheap, but roars and surprises everyone who sees it

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I love "Hot Rodded"  guitars. Like putting a V8 in a corolla. Looks cheap, but roars and surprises everyone who sees it

yep that's the idea Joey and its fun to mix and match smile

Hot rodding is fun Inever did it too a guitar but I had an old  ford falcon I put a very hot 289 V8 in .I fooled alot of people with that bad looking car,it was a sleeper.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Hot rodding is fun Inever did it too a guitar but I had an old  ford falcon I put a very hot 289 V8 in .I fooled alot of people with that bad looking car,it was a sleeper.

I bet it did I went through my fast car period it peaked with my Trans Am the one with a tach on the the hood to many speeding tickets but it was a blast smile

I had a Trans Am back in the 70's.  Hot car.  The only one I've ever had

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

17 (edited by beamer 2014-01-21 17:49:20)

That should be great Russ!  THis is the guitar I want from Rhondo http://www.rondomusic.com/halowhite2.html  I cant come close to affording a real Explorer.  I want to have old school pin ups (mainly Betty Page) all over it and some screaming pick ups, I may put active ones in for something different now that they can be had with out costing an arm and a leg.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

I bet it did I went through my fast car period it peaked with my Trans Am the one with a tach on the the hood to many speeding tickets but it was a blast smile

Trans ams,sweet cars and fast I liked the one in smokey and the bandit. I ended up blowing up my moter as I went way out and over revved it.

beamer wrote:

That should be great Russ!  THis is the guitar I want from Rhondo http://www.rondomusic.com/halowhite2.html  I cant come close to affording a real Explorer.  I want to have old school pin ups (mainly Betty Page) all over it and some screaming pick ups, I may put active ones in for something different now that they can be had with out costing an arm and a leg.

Looking good there and the price is reasonable my experience with Rondo guitars so far has been good smile

dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Trans ams,sweet cars and fast I liked the one in smokey and the bandit. I ended up blowing up my moter as I went way out and over revved it.

I did something similar with my 65 mustang stick shift I revved it up let out the clutch and forgot I was near a curb the drive shaft fell out and that was it for the mustang

Ouch that must have hurt russell!

dino48 wrote:

Ouch that must have hurt russell!

yes it was a dark green beauty damm shame

Very cool Russell!!
I recently picked up a couple chinese builts through "Jack and Danny Guitars"... they get great reviews but sadly are no longer in the biz it seems. 

They were awesome units.  The classical still lives and is great to play.  The dread kinda folded up like a cheap suitcase -- didn't like the dry northern winters me thinks.  Too bad.  It had a couple aesthetic flaws but solid voice.  Chinese guitars... who knew??

Enjoy the new axe!
Jim

jgreen wrote:

Very cool Russell!!
I recently picked up a couple chinese builts through "Jack and Danny Guitars"... they get great reviews but sadly are no longer in the biz it seems. 

They were awesome units.  The classical still lives and is great to play.  The dread kinda folded up like a cheap suitcase -- didn't like the dry northern winters me thinks.  Too bad.  It had a couple aesthetic flaws but solid voice.  Chinese guitars... who knew??

Enjoy the new axe!
Jim

Thanks Jim I will give it a good workout I agree with the Chinese guitar assessment I had no idea when I picked it up new that it would be near to a American Strat but it blew me away with the crispness of tone and the action was really fast I still use it on most of my videos I only changed necks because I liked the blond for looks and the Standard SO-1 made in China remains an equal to American made Stratocasters I don't know if they make them anymore but I aint getting rid of mine smile

I agree with y'all about the great quality of many Chinese-made guitars. Since most of the "innards" of domestic-made electrics are coming out of the Orient anyway, and many of the woods used are either Asian or African, there's no reason they can't build to our specs and produce fine instruments. A lot of great companies are building their guitars in China, South Korea, and other countries thereabouts. It's a shame for our domestic manufacturers, but reality is that every consumer is looking for the most bang for their buck ... economic times have dictated that. The phrase "disposable income" is no longer a part of the modern vernacular.

When I bought my Epiphone Les Paul Custom a couple of years ago, I was initially shooting for a Gibson Studio so it would be somewhat affordable. When I plugged in the Epi and played it alongside it's Gibson counterpart, my ears could hear virtually no difference. The Epiphone ProBucker pickups are wired using the same components as the Gibson BurstBuckers (both coil-tapping) and sound almost identical to me. There are a few cosmetic differences, but they are inconsequential to the playability of the guitar. So with a price difference of well over $2,000 ... it was a no brainer.