Re: CHORDIESTOCK II - Feb 22, 2014

Oh, and a very warm welcome (from a cold UK) to topdawgz!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I am considering a half day kayak fishing charter on Saturday morning if I can work out the details. Let me know if you are interested. Jeff, how far is Clearwater?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Just bumping this up as a reminder. A little more than 2 months away. Zurf, Amy, Wayne, and Scott are confirmed plus Robert and Bill and some of my local friends. Anybody else making plans?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Planning to make sure I have my zantac and tylenol! LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Can't WAIT!  I'm going to Boston and LA first, but this little weekend trip to FL is the HIGHLIGHT!!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Please come to LA, she said no.  You better come home to Jim.

And Jeff said, Ramblin' Mom why don't you settle down.  L.A.'s not your kind of town.  There ain't no gold and there ain't nobody like Rosco.  So please, come on back to Madeira Beach. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

mekidsmom wrote:

Can't WAIT!  I'm going to Boston and LA first, but this little weekend trip to FL is the HIGHLIGHT!!!!!!

To bad you could not come up too north California amy it is much nicerthen southern cal. We got San Francisco,Monterey and Carmel. L.A. is smog town!!.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Chordiestock II Attendees- I am driving down from Virginia and will get there Friday 22 Feb and probably leave Monday 25 Feb. I am trying to get a condo near Topdown's condo in Madiera Beach. Anyone need a place to stay - let me know. I am working the timeshare system to see if we can get a 2 or 3 bedroom condo for the week - or at least a few days. I will bring my new Plek'd Epiphone Masterbilt, my 12 string Takamine, and maybe an electric/amp/mike set. Let me know if folks need anything. I will fill the old Lexus up and head south.

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

Hi All

Is there a dedicated banjo section on Chordie? If not, how do I search for songs with banjo chords please?

85 (edited by dino48 2013-12-30 21:03:27)

Hi gas welcome here you should start your own posts though. You can get any song here transposed to bango if you look on the right side of the song you will see a place you can change it from guitar to bango.  (use the tuning section)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

To bad you could not come up too north California amy it is much nicerthen southern cal. We got San Francisco,Monterey and Carmel. L.A. is smog town!!.

I could seeeee the fog last year. It's for work though, and they pay for the flight and room so I can't complain too much.  I will be right in downtown this time, at the Bonaventure.  I wish they'd send ua to FL instead fir a week though. Lol

I can not attend now because of the cost saving for my Martin but I am going too put it on my bucket list!!

1 month away. Feb 21st the party will be starting!

Still tryingto talk my son into using his guitar LOLOL I just can bring myself to put the Ovation in the hands of an airline.  Anyone know if you can get extra Ins. for it for the trip?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Some airlines will let you, others won't.   United considers them irreplaceable items and wont even cover damage at all (clearly I won't have any instruments with me in LA as my company's got me flying evil United).   So, check with the airline you're flying, or maybe send it out a few days early via UPS and hold for pick up at the local station to grab it when you get there?  Jeff has me convinced to bring my Martin and gate check it to FL.  Southwest isn't evil. Lol.  But remember, Jeff has plenty of guitars and a new gibson just dying to be passed around. Ha ha! 

Just a few more weeks!!!!  Whoo hooo!

Hey, it looks like a Mythbusters exhibit will be in Tampa during Chordiefest. Who wants to go?

Zurf wrote:

Hey, it looks like a Mythbusters exhibit will be in Tampa during Chordiefest. Who wants to go?

Thats a good tv show zurf,I would go but I will not be in florida ( now I am missing two good things). I am betting the exhibit will be great.

Mythbusters sounds like fun, but I have to ask - Will there be guitars there? Will there be booze there? As I believe the answer to both questions are no, I think I'll hang out with fellow guitar playin', booze drinkin' folks that weekend. I can see the exhibit some other time!

I think we both know that there would be booze there, but possibly not guitars.

Zurf wrote:

I checked it out.  Looks like tickets for the museum are $25 each.  If I was taking the family it would be a positive stop... however, considering I can purchase some vodka for the same price, I think I'll hang with Jeff this time.  wink

OK.  You guys win.

Zurf wrote:

OK.  You guys win.

Zurf you put up a hard fight but the booze and guitars won!!

dino48 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

OK.  You guys win.

Zurf you put up a hard fight but the booze and guitars won!!

It's difficult to argue with that logic.

20 days! - 3 weeks from now I expect to be in full swing of a inebriated 72 hour jam session. I just sent a facebook message with event activities and contact details to all that i know who are coming, those that gave a maybe and a few folks who I know aren't coming just to make them jealous. smile

If you didn't get the message or unable to download the word attachment, please let me know!

It would heve been really fun to join you, but unfortunately it turned out to be impossible.

I did however add the event to the front page of the site.