Topic: the REAL drummer: what happened to him

If you hear songs of THE WHO with Keith Moon, like baba o.reilly, that man is a human drummachine.
see also John "BONZO" Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
see GINGER BAKER

WHO ARE THE DRUM HEROES NOW????

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: the REAL drummer: what happened to him

My hero is the drummer in our band, Chip Collins. He is a powerhouse drummer and has the largest drum and hand percussion kit I ever saw, his backup singing is impeccable, he has a magnetic personality, a lifetime of experience playing with quality bands and he owns more equipment than a music store. PLUS, he is setting up a huge recording studio in my barn. He also claims he likes my guitar playing.:)
Can't go wrong with this guy.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hi phil,Buddy Miles lives in San Jose ca. He was big in the seventies with his hit Changes,then he went too prision for several years. Ringo Starr is in Los Angeles,he is a good drummer. I have seen Ginger Baker show up a couple of times over the years with eric clapton.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Levom Helm stiil drumming at 72 and is a great drummer.

badeye          cool

one caper after another

Badeye if you are talking about Levon Helm from The Band, I am pretty sure he passed away this last year.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm going to go with Gavin Harrison. His prog rock stuff with Porcupine Tree is phenomenal, and he also does excellent jazz work. He's not a "crasher & banger", but sure gets the job done. Here's a clip for you drum enthusiasts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuSCrkLzQt8

Neal Peart.

Not only is he a great drummer but he also writes the lyrics to most of Rush's songs.  And he's written a book about travelling cross country on a motorcycle.

I never read the book or travelled cross country on a motorcycle but I hope to do both soon.

finnlander wrote:

Neal Peart.

Not only is he a great drummer but he also writes the lyrics to most of Rush's songs.  And he's written a book about travelling cross country on a motorcycle.

I never read the book or travelled cross country on a motorcycle but I hope to do both soon.

I have not read it either, but heard teh interview on NPR.  he took that ride and wrote that book after his kid and then his wife died in the same year if I remember correctly. it was pretty interesting.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

he may be unknow to you guys but Sting liked him to use in the studio once or twice and not only does he do world music he is a fantastic rock drummer also CHRIS WABISH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8CphWrFuq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KADlmQ8t2iY

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I know this thread has been around for a bit, but I just became aware of one Dennis Chambers. Here's a clip from him appearing on David Letterman a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px1C7h8Z_3c

My, oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my, etc.

He is real good but you should check out Buddy Rich he is the best ever in my opinion.

No argument here, Dino ...

Buddy did amazing things, with hand-speed like Sugar Ray Leonard, and a kit half the size of what most drummers are using today. And he really enjoyed what he was doing, as demonstrated by his Drum Battle with Animal on "The Muppet Show" years ago. That combination of skill & fun is irresistible in anything.