Topic: NGD -Again!

I couldn't pass up the deal. It was a MF Stupid Deal of the Day last week - almost 1/2 price. Breedlove solid hog top, laminated hog back and sides with electronics - sure is pretty. Action is fantastic. Amazing sound for a $300 guitar!!

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1606305_10203051543919687_847628050_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31/1537645_10203051543279671_1037406774_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/1522509_10203051543799684_1129755256_o.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: NGD -Again!

Thats a sweet looking guitar jeff,glad you were able too get it! Happy new guitar day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I remember seeing that last week too. I thought it was a good deal. I can't justify it tho.

Happy NGD...........again!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks dino and Z - it really is incredible for a $300 guitar - I bought it thinking I could easily turn it over at cost (a friend is looking for a beginner guit), but the more I play it the more I'm thinking it's a keeper - I might sell him my Tak instead!

5 (edited by bluejeep 2014-01-29 03:11:36)

Oooooo can we all come down to play with her? Looks sweet. Happy NGD!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

6 (edited by jgreen 2014-01-29 03:24:01)

That's kinda nice!  (serious understatement)
Happy NGD!

------------------
My worst nightmare is when I die, my wife will sell my guitars
for what I told her I paid for them ;)

Everyone is welcome to play each and every one of my toys at chordiestock II !

I love that plain and simple look. How does she sound plugged in?

I may have to change plans and come down for Chordiestock just to see your collection Jeff.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Nice to see you are having some NGD luck after the last episode smile.

Looks like you got a bargain.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

So purty!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Looks great !! Breedlove makes some great sounding guitars. I see new songs being written on this gem.

Joe

Whatta bargain ... congrats!

It looks great from here.  Hope she pans out buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Jeff is your takamine an acoustic electric? If you decide too sell please let us see it first. I want your Mustang!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dino - yes, the Tak is an A/E - it was my first "good" guitar I bought when I started playing again 6 or 7 years ago. My son plays that guitar primarily now, so I doubt I will sell it. Every guitar I have has far more sentimental value than I could sell it for, especially considering I don't need the money. As long as I have wall and floor space, there is always room for another guitar. I don't have a wife to tell me otherwise! smile

Same for the Mustang - I have a feeling it will stay in the family for sometime, probably handed down to one of the kids when the time comes.

Thanks for the answer jeff,I still love your Mustang I have had alot of great cars and custom,fast cars but I regret never getting a Mustang.

Congrats on your NGD. Very tasty!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I comandeered this guitar at chordiefest.  Jeff, you are lucky I have my martin at home or else this one might have gone missing on you.  It plays so well!!!!  I forgot to ask, what strings do you have on it?

My pleasure to loan you the guitar - with your playing and singing, it has never sounded better. The strings are my go-to's =- John Pearse 80/20 lights. (And don't you DARE buy me any replacements!)

topdown wrote:

My pleasure to loan you the guitar - with your playing and singing, it has never sounded better. The strings are my go-to's =- John Pearse 80/20 lights. (And don't you DARE buy me any replacements!)

Ha ha ha ha.... evil laugh... ha ha!

I think you probably ought to keep buying guitars, Topdown.  I have designs on your Gibson, Robert was looking over Roscoe's 12'er, Amy wants your Breedlove, and I saw Beamer drolling over your composite.  Soon, all you'll have left is your Alvarez 12 string, and that only as long as Normtheguitar stays on his side of the ocean.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I really liked the Alvarez 12er too! LOLOL it plays better than my ovation or Fender 12.  I need to get the Ovation set up again, but I want to be there to give it a yes or no.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)