Re: CHORDIESTOCK II - Feb 22, 2014

I am A Wannabee, and will not be there ,it has a top Priorty on my bucket list. I know all of you will have a great time in the sunny state.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Its cold here in LA right now. You better have more heat when I get to FL Jeff!  Lol

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Upper 70's all this week - Hope it lasts!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

mekidsmom wrote:

Its cold here in LA right now. You better have more heat when I get to FL Jeff!  Lol

Amy ,see you should have come too northern ca.!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Chordians:
I am excited about the upcoming CHORDIESTOCK 2 event in Madeira Beach/Seminole, FL. starting Feb 22. I have added some songs I dug out of the archives to the Chordiestock II songbook - some simple strummers and some rock/blues. I am just getting back into the swing of guitar this year, so any help on any of these would be welcome. Hopefully, there will be some folks who like to jam on some of the rock tunes. 

I'm going to Montana, to grow a crop of dental floss.....

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

Looking forward to meeting you Topdawgz.  For some of us (like some goofball named Zurf), simple strummers is all we CAN do.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Looking forward to meeting you Topdawgz.  For some of us (like some goofball named Zurf), simple strummers is all we CAN do.

Selling yourself too short, Zurf. Although, The Strummers Bruthers would be a great acoustic/folk band name.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Selling yourself too short, Zurf. Although, The Strummers Bruthers would be a great acoustic/folk band name.

Looking at the age group of a lot of Chordians, perhaps "Elderly Brothers" might also be in the running. wink

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

So today I finally spoke with my host for my sleeping arrangments.  Looks like Carrie will be hanging out with us on and off through the weekend.  (Jeff maybe you can talk her into sitting on at least one knee LOLOLOL big_smile )

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Sadly Im not going to make it. sad Work is getting in the way of real life for me. I hope you guys have tons of fun. Wish I could come out. Super bummed.

Sorry you can't make it BGD - plan for next year!

So we are 2 weeks away - what is everyone's adult beverage of choice?

beamer wrote:

So today I finally spoke with my host for my sleeping arrangments.  Looks like Carrie will be hanging out with us on and off through the weekend.  (Jeff maybe you can talk her into sitting on at least one knee LOLOLOL big_smile )

Beamer - Carrie is more than welcome! If she still looks like the photo you sent, hopefully you will have her place to yourself! wink  hubbahubba LOL

No worries there jeff she is still what you saw LOLOLOL and she is always up for having fun.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

dino48 wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

If I'd have had a choice, it sure wouldn't have been downtown LA.  OMG!  Financial district is nothing but EXPENSIVE places to eat, EXPENSIVE places to drink, and CRAZY homeless as soon as the sun goes down (which was every day after work).  OMG!  I have some SERIOUS stories, one for almost every day.  But... it was much warmer there than here (snow... ick).  Can't wait for CHORDIESTOCK!  Expecially since I've been going nonstop since I got home... ER with my mom and Dr's because she decided to try to ice skate sunday for my daughter's birthday.  She's ok, although my daughter had her worst b.day ever without me.  Sigh!  work work work... my guitar has been crying for me to play it too!

topdown wrote:

So we are 2 weeks away - what is everyone's adult beverage of choice?

I'll stumble over to the liquor store and pick up whatever I need once there.  Thanks for asking.  If your liquor cabinet is as well stocked as it was last year, I don't think there will be any problems. 

Do you drink wine?  If so, do you prefer whites or reds? 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Ill probably go with my top shelf beers for the occasion, had enough garage beer for a while LOLOL (that woudl be Shinerbock or if its not too outragous, Smithwicks)  anything more than that an my fingers will be drunk tooo early in the day LOLOLOL

mekidsmom wrote:
dino48 wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

If I'd have had a choice, it sure wouldn't have been downtown LA.  OMG!  Financial district is nothing but EXPENSIVE places to eat, EXPENSIVE places to drink, and CRAZY homeless as soon as the sun goes down (which was every day after work).  OMG!  I have some SERIOUS stories, one for almost every day.  But... it was much warmer there than here (snow... ick).  Can't wait for CHORDIESTOCK!  Expecially since I've been going nonstop since I got home... ER with my mom and Dr's because she decided to try to ice skate sunday for my daughter's birthday.  She's ok, although my daughter had her worst b.day ever without me.  Sigh!  work work work... my guitar has been crying for me to play it too!

Amy I feel bad for you L.A. is pretty close too being a freak show in the city.I do not like it most people in N. cal  avoid going there.

Zurf wrote:

Do you drink wine?  If so, do you prefer whites or reds? 

- Zurf

I'm not much of a wine drinker, primarily because I am uneducated and a wine list can be very intimidating. That said, I do enjoy a glass of wine with dinner if somebody knows what they are ordering.

There's still 1/2 bottle of that Honey Turkey in the cabinet you can sip on while you settle in. I think Amy is a bourbon drinker as well.

Burbon, whiskey, vodka, sweet dessert wines, wine coolers, and I've even been known to drink a Coors Light or Budweiser.  LOL! 

Is there anything from NY that you are dying for Jeff, that is available here in the dead of winter that I can bring for you?  The snow won't make it, I KNOW how much you MISS that... NOT!  ha ha!

I'll make a visit to the store for some wine when I get there.  Interstate shipping of wine is a bit tricky with the tax issues.  Too bad, as there is a wine produced right here in my home town that would go wonderfully with those lobster tails you served, or would stand up to a steak as well. 

In the meantime, tell Zack to be on the lookout for some peanuts, and to save a few for you.

Long term forecast is calling for lots of sunshine and highs near 80 - a perfect weekend! Beautiful here today - had happy hour tropical drinks and mussels  outside overlooking the water thinking about all my friends up north fighting the snow! 7 more days!

Looking forward to it!

topdown wrote:

Long term forecast is calling for lots of sunshine and highs near 80 - a perfect weekend! Beautiful here today - had happy hour tropical drinks and mussels  outside overlooking the water thinking about all my friends up north fighting the snow! 7 more days!

Just finished cleaning 5" of new snow off my driveway, uncovering the 1/2" of ice we got a few days ago. Prediction is for the temps to reach 40 here on Monday so maybe the ice will melt.  Might take a while for the snow though.  My yard looks like a scene from Dr. Zhivago........

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

For reasons that have nothing to do with weather,, IM COUNTING THE HOURS!!!

http://tbo.com/storyimage/TB/20140216/ARTICLE/140219407/AR/0/?maxH=337?/AR-140219407.jpg