Topic: GuiTar kit

I bought a saga LC-10 kit its a Les Paul style im going to stain body and neck a light orange then lacquer high gloss finish the body has a great tiger stripe grain  its going to be BEAUTIFUL.

Let no talents go unused

Re: GuiTar kit

Please post photos to show the progress starting with what comes in the box.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I  thought  about  buying  a  kit while  here  in the  UK ,it  will be  interesting  to  hear  how it  goes together  and  how  it  sounds when finished .

Sounds real cool, FireArt!

I saw someone do something similar (used an olive green stain) with an Ibanez bass that had an Ash body, and it turned out amazing. If you know what kind of wood your kit is made from, you could pick up a piece of the same wood at a building supply place, and experiment with colors before applying to your guitar. Several stain companies have small sample packs at most places (look like ketchup packets) and are free for stuff like you're considering.

Have fun with it!

First day not so good deside i wanted emerald green bought stain masked off binding applied stain and about cryed guiTar body had some kind of sealer on it and did not except the stain made a huge mess the good news  is it only took 4 hrs of sanding to get back to step one i assumed when the derection said sealer they were talking clear stain instead of a hard acrylic. The direction had sugested automotive paint so now i get ot go look at paint samples and order paint  live and learn

Let no talents go unused

Check out this site:

http://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewforu … 826c856672

Lots and lots of info on products and procedure. Good luck!!!

Post some pics during you trials.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

For What It`s Worth: I used Duplicolor Auto touch up paint on a Fender Duo - Sonic. 8 coats. Simply because I wanted a one of a kind guitar.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Im upset " not the words i  .wanted to use but a family web" site the kit is plastic laminates  not wood so i cant stain it at least not with wood stain. I dont think the luther had zny idea it wasnt wood ill goo in to him tomarow and see what we can do about this problem .it look like wood but its not the neck is wood and iz level and straight it just is not what i wanted who knows it might even sound good

Let no talents go unused

I looked up your Saga kit and it said the top was Maple. It's not plastic. It was sealed with a polyester sanding sealer. That is why the stain won't work. If you want to stain it you have to sand it down to bare wood. I'm surprised that after the 4 hours of sanding you are not down to bare wood.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank ZGUITAR I that makes me feel much better.. i was sanding with 600  because i did not want to go to deep. You just saved me from having to eat crow

Let no talents go unused

If you do want to paint over it,, Jx3's Duplicolor works great.  I can give you some more tips in a pm if you need them

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I hope you get that sanded down Art. Be a shame to hide that tiger stripe. Good luck!

Mr z guiTar was right there was n wood under the seal i black ink it and  green stain looksx awesome ecept in a few spots that rhe sealer was deeper then the maple laminente which has left a  couple of ugly yellowed spots near the bridge on volume knobs  which i think i can fix or at least make less noticeable iv been taking photos and will post work in progres thread when i figure out knew camara clould thing a Bob

Let no talents go unused

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

For What It`s Worth: I used Duplicolor Auto touch up paint on a Fender Duo - Sonic. 8 coats. Simply because I wanted a one of a kind guitar.

Hey joey

allow me into

my name is david Joel Attebery

but you are play guitar???