Topic: Now I Know

I've always wondered about the subtle differences between Celtic, bluegrass and old time music........

http://bluegrassnation.org/link_type/th … explained/

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Now I Know

Blended whiskey, home made whiskey, rot gut store bought whiskey, consecutively.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That is awesome.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I put it on my facebok LOLOL very cool

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Here in Eastern Canada, the local bluegrassers are very particular about what kinds of instruments "qualify" as true bluegrass instruments or not. In particular, the only form of percussion the purists will allow is a solid "chop" on the mandolin.

I was told about a campfire jam session at the Stan Rogers Festival in Canso a few years ago. Local legend J. P. Cormier was there, and some newbie showed up with set of spoons. He did his clickety-clack thing through the first couple of tunes, before J.P. asked if he could see the spoons, saying he had never heard such a unique tone from a set of spoons. The chap felt honored that his kitchen spoons had impressed J.P. so much, and gladly passed them over. J.P. stood up and drove them a long throw into the nearby woods, and said to the guy: "Don't ever bring a set of spoons to a bluegrass festival again!"

Buddy was quite shocked, but the point was made and everyone had a good laugh.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Here in Eastern Canada, the local bluegrassers are very particular about what kinds of instruments "qualify" as true bluegrass instruments or not. In particular, the only form of percussion the purists will allow is a solid "chop" on the mandolin.

I was told about a campfire jam session at the Stan Rogers Festival in Canso a few years ago. Local legend J. P. Cormier was there, and some newbie showed up with set of spoons. He did his clickety-clack thing through the first couple of tunes, before J.P. asked if he could see the spoons, saying he had never heard such a unique tone from a set of spoons. The chap felt honored that his kitchen spoons had impressed J.P. so much, and gladly passed them over. J.P. stood up and drove them a long throw into the nearby woods, and said to the guy: "Don't ever bring a set of spoons to a bluegrass festival again!"

I love bluegrass music but am not that fond of most old campfire bluegrass pickers.  They seem kind of snobbish, as if there is only one way to play a bluegrass song. The way I see it, they aren't doing anything that a CD player can't do. 

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

I love bluegrass music but am not that fond of most old campfire bluegrass pickers.  They seem kind of snobbish, as if there is only one way to play a bluegrass song. The way I see it, they aren't doing anything that a CD player can't do. 

DE

Yeah that.  I'd have tossed J.P. out in the woods after that with instructions not to come back until he had my spoons.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]