Topic: Catalog`s

This is more for the older members. How many of us used to look through catalogs when we were young. S&H, Sears, Spiegel, Lafyette, Radio Shack. Sitting there looking at all the cool stuff you wished you could get. Toys, radios, instruments etc, etc.  Now in the present time. How many of us sit there looking at catalogs looking at all the cool stuff we wish we could get. Each month when the Musicians Friend catalog comes, do you sit looking longingly at equipment that you don`t need or can`t afford. Just like looking at the old catalogs from the 60s or 70s.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Catalog`s

when my PA went kaput, i searched the web for a cheap but good replacement, now i get emails from all those on-line music shops with bargains and sales. funny how they always turn up when your not desperate for new gear?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Music catalogs are standard bathroom reading in my house today but not so much growing up.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Yep, I'm a catalog reader or browser and, some of that, pedals and stuff looks and sounds cool but, what does it do?  Anybody else think that?     b

jets60 wrote:

Music catalogs are standard bathroom reading in my house today but not so much growing up.

That is where my catalogs ends up too.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have some martin and other catalogs that I have worn out.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I always read musicians Friend on the john I like to look at over priced things I could never afford to buy kind of like window shopping for diamonds smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I have a Musician's Friend and Stewart-Macdonald (stewmac) catalog right next to me right now.

I love that stuff.   MF's "Stupid Deal of the Day" is one of my favorite spams.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

9 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-02-24 00:26:29)

Here's another "catalogue confession" ... love 'em.

Our more popular Canadian music store is Long & McQuade's, and they're on the shelf next to the toilet, with dog-eared pages. I'd like to know how many hours I've spent looking at the same Alex Lifeson "Les Paul Axcess", or the pages of effects pedals, Larrivee high-end acoustics, etc. And then we have the wonderful Internet, where we can browse and dream to our heart's content. I'll bet catalogues are the #1 cause of G.A.S.

Seriously ... who wouldn't want to own one of these beauties:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electri … xcess.aspx

10 (edited by naolslager 2014-02-24 01:58:07)

When I was a boy I would write to companies and request catalogs. I loved receiving things in the mail - still do- and I loved looking at catalogs. For me catalogs have been replaced by the Internet but I still write letters and MAIL them. I never get any in return but I don't care.

One day, probably not too far off, the metal boxes at the end of the driveway, etc will be no more. Even today I think they remain a mystery to my kids.
Dj

I've changed from catalogs to websites. I especially enjoy looking at sites that feature vintage guitars and equipment. One of my favorites sites Willie's American Guitars: http://www.williesguitars.com/.

I've been in the store several times; it's dusty and old, and packed with gear. The guys there are always really generous about letting you play the instrument on display, and it's really cool to be able to hear what famous acoustic models from the 30s, 40s, and 50s sound like.

Artie'splaying wrote:

I've changed from catalogs to websites. I especially enjoy looking at sites that feature vintage guitars and equipment. One of my favorites sites Willie's American Guitars: http://www.williesguitars.com/.

Thanks for the tip but one look at this website and I have no business there. Cool to look at but way out of my budget.
dj