Topic: Get out your checkbook guitar lovers

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/holy … n-22821384

I can't even imagine how much some of these will go for. I'll be looking for the after auction report.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Get out your checkbook guitar lovers

I look at my guitar as a good friend, something that I communicate with everyday, something that brings me pleasure and provides a creative and emotional outlet. To me, my guitar is an essential part of my everyday life . . . it's hard to imagine all those wonderful guitars being sold off to investors who might not even play the damn things. It's like putting a singer in solitary confinement. Great instruments should be preserved, yes, but not horded like gold coins.

Artie'splaying wrote:

I look at my guitar as a good friend, something that I communicate with everyday, something that brings me pleasure and provides a creative and emotional outlet. To me, my guitar is an essential part of my everyday life . . . it's hard to imagine all those wonderful guitars being sold off to investors who might not even play the damn things. It's like putting a singer in solitary confinement. Great instruments should be preserved, yes, but not horded like gold coins.

That is so true. Nothing is worse than seeing a fine guitar in the hands of a non-player doing nothing. My guitars are also like good friends.  They are meant to be played. Some have gone up in value since I bought them 30 years ago. But I bought them to play, not as an investment.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

(sigh), so many guitars so few fingers.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Guitars or any instrument are meant to be played not worshiped like a shrine if I had it I would be using it

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Artie'splaying wrote:

I look at my guitar as a good friend,

Sure, but they come with strings attached...   :-)

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
Artie'splaying wrote:

I look at my guitar as a good friend,

Sure, but they come with strings attached...   :-)

Zurf you always get some kind of rise out of us that was funney. I agree with all the above you should play your guitar. I had some show car/street rod cars and I always drove them too the shows. a lot of guys have show cars that do not get driven and they trailer them into shows,we called them trailor dollies.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

such a travesty....

as you all say it's disgusting that such beautiful instruments that someone (albeit famous) once owned should be mothballed in some hermetically sealed room for some investor to keep hidden until it's time to recoup their profits!

if they went to a museum for public display i would be happy, but not for some pillock whose only talent is making money out of inanimate instruments.  end of rant

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.