1 (edited by Bass Viking 2014-03-09 16:16:20)

Topic: A video of a music get together for a birthday; made for a fun time!

Just a group of us with a lot of icy cold beverages some guitars, a banjo, a bass and a dobro!  A good time was had by all until the wee hours of the morning.  You might be able to tell that the icy cold beverages had already started to take effect!  Just sharing; hope you enjoy!   We certainly were!

http://youtu.be/NWkeZUNW2eQ

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: A video of a music get together for a birthday; made for a fun time!

Enjoyed it jim,the icy cold ones always help!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Not only  icy  cold  but  cool.  nice playing   guys

I watched the few you put up.  Now THATS a great way to spend a birthday!  Looks like you have some very talented friends. Thanks for sharing with us.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Picked up my guitar and played along--it was almost like being there.

Now that looks like one great time. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Jim, missed seeing you at the open mic reunion Thursday night. We had 13 sign-ups and everyone had a great time.  I was even able to talk Jen into singing a couple songs with me.  We plan to have a get-together once a month now.  Are you on John Locke's mailing list?

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Sorry DE, I originally planned on making it, but something came up and I couldn't.  I sure wish I could have heard you and the misses together!  I am sure we will hook up in the future.  I have surgery planned for early next month so it will probably be awhile before I will be around!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Bass Viking wrote:

Sorry DE, I originally planned on making it, but something came up and I couldn't.  I sure wish I could have heard you and the misses together!  I am sure we will hook up in the future.  I have surgery planned for early next month so it will probably be awhile before I will be around!

Hope its nothing serious.

Hey Dirty Ed--

How long have you lived in Chillicothe? I spent three summers there working as an actor in "Tecumseh!" I really enjoyed my time in southern Ohio--it's a beautiful part of the state.

Artie'splaying wrote:

Hey Dirty Ed--

How long have you lived in Chillicothe? I spent three summers there working as an actor in "Tecumseh!" I really enjoyed my time in southern Ohio--it's a beautiful part of the state.

About 56 of my 64 years.  What years were you in Tecumseh?  I've lost count of the number of times I've went to see it. Truly a great outdoor drama done in a beautiful setting.  I live about 10 miles south of town - out in the hills.

DE