Topic: Godin history

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company- … c-history/

Cool little story of the history of Godin guitars.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Godin history

Z the price looks real low but do you know how good their products are? History looks good!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

As an owner of a Simon & Patrick cedar I would definitely recommend trying out the various Godin products.
Not a big investment for a good sounding guitar

Barry

4 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-03-11 23:44:09)

My old Norman ST40 was a real beauty of an all solid wood guitar (gave it to daughter-in-law), and alongside my LaPatrie classical they are both part of the Godin group of companies. The whole family of Godin products are consistently great quality, rivaled in Canada by perhaps only Larrivee out of Vancouver.

This particular electric model first got me interested in the whole coil-splitting technology, and having played it a few times at a local music store, it is definitely on my G.A.S. list:

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinxtsap.htm

I have an A&L that I love. Even tho it's the entry level line it is built better than most other entry level guitars. I really like the fact that they try to keep the company small. Mass production gets us cheap prices but not the best quality. Godin balances the two quite well. I'm always on the lookout for a Seagull S6. Awesome guitars. Can't justify it, but one of these days I'll pull the trigger.

If Guitarpix was around he could tell ya more.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Godin fan here. Have never tried a Seagull, though...
Cheers, Z!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

You should try one.  The cedar tops are nice.  The strings are a bit wide for my preference, but still very nice guitars and would be really great if I were to get more into flatpicking whole songs.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm a big fan of Godin instruments. I've owned more of them than any other brand. None have been duds, most were excellent, and a few exceptional. I own two now.
dj

Truthfully, I never heard of Godin guitars until 2009. When I saw Leonard Cohen playing one on a PBS special. Sorry, I must have led a sheltered life.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I hadn't hear of Godin either until somehow I found my A&L on ebay. I remember Guitarpix talking so highly of them so I thought I couldn't go wrong. The small price tag helped too.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!