Topic: 1 ax down

Well I hate to say it,, but My son won his arguement and we sold his DEAN Flying V. 
He bought it when he was 10, saved his christmass and birthday money/gift certs from Musicians Friend and fell in love with it.  I tried to talk him out of it due to the awkward sitting issues you have with any V, but he had to have it.  I have mentioned this guitar on here before, yet, now that its gone, I miss it.  It looked good next to the SG, It was a Michale Schinker retro copy black and white w/ the big bottle opener headstock, I changed out the bridge P/U and it was a very hot rocking guitar with great action and fun to play.

I think the new owner will get a lot out of the guitar.  I saved the tale untill I knew if he was the newowner.
Two weeks ago I was in the big Pawn shop about 5 blocks from my house.  As I was there buying my zip ties, Inoticed two young guys looking at all the guitars up on the high shelf and the ones behind the jewelry counter.  So I approched them and said I noticed them checking out all the guitars, and if they cared to walk about 5 blocks I had a prime flying V they could test.  I knew that once I got it in the hands of an eager rocker, it would sell it's self.  They said sure, and followed me to the house (This was a matter of agitation for my wife due to one of them still being in High school and she did not want any of the kids knowing where she lived, to me this was "funny" because all anone needs to do is drive by and see her big orange Crosstrek in the front of the house)  I showed them to the man room, plugged in and let the Ax start talking, and handed it to the boy.  I could tell the min it hung into his hands it was only a matter of time.  I told him 180 cash. 2 weeks later he called and asked could he come over and get it.
He is happy, my 13 yr old is happy, Dad is not real plaeased, but its not my guitar. 

I just needed to vent, lolol, I really liked that guitar!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: 1 ax down

yeah kinda tough they sort of grow on you like a pet

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Good work on the sales, though, beamer!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Russell_Harding wrote:

yeah kinda tough they sort of grow on you like a pet

Or a fungus.  Either way, it hurts when they go.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude