1 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-03-15 13:40:21)

Topic: New Guitar Day

Finally made a decision on a bass guitar, an entry-priced one from CORT. Although not expensive, I was pleasantly surprised by the sound & playability of it, with active pickups, and both Jazz (neck) and P-Bass (bridge) style pickups on it. First play-a-long track I did with it was "One of These Days" by Pink Floyd.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cL8G7LYT-h8/UyRWcKwQ9AI/AAAAAAAAABY/xrOkE4XvIbI/s576/P3150328.JPG

The 2 acoustic guitars hanging on the wall were doing all kinds of harmonic resonation, so I had to wrap a cloth around the strings while playing the bass.

Re: New Guitar Day

Nice looking bass, glad you are pleased with it.

Roger

PS I added the '/' to the ending [img] that was needed so your photo would show. smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ngd are the best

Let no talents go unused

Happy NGD TF!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

YAY, Happy NGD TF.  Now you got me thinkin that maybe I "neeeed" an acoustic bass in my music room.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Happy N.G.D.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I`m glad you found something you like

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Happy NGD. " One of these days" is a great track to practise bass to...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Thanks for the photo help, Roger ... "one of these days" I'll figure out how to do it right the first time.

Happy NBD!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy NGD to you
Happy NGD to you
Happy NGD dear TF
Happy NGD toooo yoooou!

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I  had  the  same  bass  a  couple  of  yrs  ago  great  piece  of  kit .

13 (edited by dino48 2014-03-16 00:43:33)

If I ever get a bass I think some of the best song's to play would come off the Beatles Abby Road album.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice bass!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Nice bass!

I love it when I hear those words - if I'm holding a nice fish I just caught! wink

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

The world of bass guitar is all new to me, and it's been a fun couple of days already fooling with it. I've discovered that Jethro Tull's former bassist (the late John Glascock) was really good ... can't even get close to keeping up with him. I was trying to play along with their CDs "Songs From the Wood" and "Heavy Horses" this afternoon, and was relegated to listening most of the time.

Just loving the challenge of learning something new!

Happy NBD!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.