1 (edited by KAP54 2014-03-27 22:31:27)

Topic: Video Recording Screen Resolution. All,

I have recently bought Corel Video Studio Pro x6 and was wondering what screen resolution? should be used when sending a vid to YouTube or just storing in my private files. I just finished a practice vid to see how it would turn out which was OK but it didn't fill the whole screen on the Windows Media Player. I hate seeing the empty borders and would like to fill the whole screen. Clicking on full screen does not do the trick.....H-m-m-m-m.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Video Recording Screen Resolution. All,

you can set the screen resolution in your computer I think you right click on your home screen and select properties it "appearances" should be on the list or screen resoluton anywhere between 800 and 1000 is normal for you tube above that is HD I hope you dont have an Windows xp because Windows is going to discontinue supporting this operating system you will have to upgrade to vista or windows 7

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Russ, Thanks for getting back, I should have been more clear on my question...My bad Lol

When uploading to a site the program asks what format      MPEG-4HD 4:3         MPEG-4 HD 16:9

WMV Broadband 320 x 240 30fps

Screen Capture 1920 x 1080 fps   down to

Screen Capture 1024 x 768   15 fps

Plus lots of other sizes.

So many options ...not enough brain power lol

New system, just picked it up... the salesman never mentioned it ...it was a good deal,,, Yes it is XP... What's next.. Oiyyy

Thanks Russ smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

Hi Russ, Thanks for getting back, I should have been more clear on my question...My bad Lol

When uploading to a site the program asks what format      MPEG-4HD 4:3         MPEG-4 HD 16:9

WMV Broadband 320 x 240 30fps

Screen Capture 1920 x 1080 fps   down to

Screen Capture 1024 x 768   15 fps

Plus lots of other sizes.

So many options ...not enough brain power lol

New system, just picked it up... the salesman never mentioned it ...it was a good deal,,, Yes it is XP... What's next.. Oiyyy

Thanks Russ smile

Ken

If you using XP chance are its not HD (high definition) because the video card in you PC wont display HD so WMV (windows movie maker) is the best bet its small in megabytes and uploads faster and is ok for you tube viewing  were in the same boat we both have to upgrade the operating systems this will require more RAM and my guess is VISTA will be on the chopping block next this is Windows way of forcing you to purchase a newer system kind of sucks but not to many options left I almost forgot 1024x786 is standard for full screen display see how that works for you

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Russ, smile

It would have taken  forever to download at each setting till I got to the right one.

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)