Topic: Testing Photo Posting

I've never used an outside hosting spot for pics but with the support for XP ending I wanted to copy all my pics in a couple different locations. Since an outside host is the only way to post pics here at chordie, thought I'd try it here first. Hope I'm not violating any rules by having just a picture thread.

If this works, this is my first guitar and the one that went with me to all the Dead shows.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9%3B%3A9%3Dot%3E3%3B55%3D7%3A%3C%3D325%3DXROQDF%3E2836%3A59%3A23258ot1lsi

This is my 1946 Epiphone Broadway archtop. Their top of the line was the Emperor. Broadway was next.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv846%3A%3Dot%3E3%3B55%3D7%3A%3C%3D325%3DXROQDF%3E2836%3A5576%3B258ot1lsi

And this is a 1964 Epi hollow body electric I picked up off ebay.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7893%3Dot%3E3%3B55%3D7%3A%3C%3D325%3DXROQDF%3E2836%3A599%3B%3C258ot1lsi

Re: Testing Photo Posting

NICE UJB - All 3 are beautiful - I would love to give them a strum. Really dig the '46 - it ooozes mojo

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Ya got a bunch of beauties there Joe.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

In case you hadn't noticed, I have a thing for Epiphone. I have 3 others to go with these. smile The '46 has an incredibly deep, mellow tone.

Nothing wrong with Epiphones Joe. Would love to hear how the 46 sounds...Recording next?

Cool pics.

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Beautiful (and great job on your first photo post)!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

KAP54 wrote:

Nothing wrong with Epiphones Joe. Would love to hear how the 46 sounds...Recording next?

Cool pics.

Ken

Look closely and you'll see that the inlay is missing at the fifth fret. That's the way I got it. I had a fellow make and install a new one about 25 years ago but it recently disappeared. I need to go back and have him make another. Won't be playing it till it gets fixed

I have no recording equipment except for my little pocket digital camera and that can't really capture the true sound.

On a different note (pun intended)

My first guitar, in the top pic, cost me $180 back in '82; pretty spendy for me at the time. The bridge (saddle?) was plastic. About a year after I bought it, my brother was banging it pretty hard and that piece of plastic broke. I was devastated. I took it to a guy ( same one that later on made the inlay) and asked if it could be repaired. He replaced the plastic with bone and replaced the nut with bone at the same time. It went from a cheap, dingy sound to a rich, bright sound that just astonished me. I couldn't believe the difference. The best $30 I ever spent. I still play that one more than any of the others.

Hey UncleJoe. You have some real nice guitars there. I bet they sound as good as they look. The old ones have many stories I'm sure.

Nice pics & guitars, ujb!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

hey UJ, sweet guitars there man, a friend once had an F hole guitar dont know what make, but the sound was gorgeous, i've been trying to reproduce it ever since with standard round holers, no chance...lucky man, and get that inlay fixed or i'll send the guitar police round to see you...:lol:

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Some sweet looking vintage epiphones,they liio too be in good shape.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sweet!  Plug it in and tear it up! 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

dino48 wrote:

Some sweet looking vintage epiphones,they liio too be in good shape.

The '46 looks better in the pic than in real life. There is a lot of cracking in the finish and if you look real close on the left side of the face, to the right of the latch, you can just make out a series of small dings. The spring on the clasp is broke and one night the ex flipped the lid closed and the clasp was tucked under and inside the case. The dings went through the finish and left bare wood exposed. I was livid! The others are extremely clean even the one that spent 9 years on the road.

Here is a close-up of the '46 headstock; ivory tuning pegs and mother-of-pearl inlay.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv564%3B%3Dot%3E3%3B55%3D7%3A%3C%3D325%3DXROQDF%3E2838399549258ot1lsi

And here is the inside lid of the case with the trademark "E"

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4%3B8%3A%3Dot%3E3%3B55%3D7%3A%3C%3D325%3DXROQDF%3E2838399547258ot1lsi

Thanks for revving up my GAS!