Topic: Showed great restraint today.

I went to a flea market today and saw a Mexican Fender Strat with the case for sale for sale. The guy was saying it was worth 375.00 (yeah right), I offered him 150.00. He went to 175.00. I politely thanked him for showing it to him and left it at that. It was a deal at 175.00 but I don`t need another one. I even stayed there a few minutes walking around thinking about it. So I came back empty handed. That`s it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Showed great restraint today.

hi jjj, I have a Mexican made fender strat, and I love it sounds just as good as an American one. I only paid $170.00 for it brand new with a case and acouple of sets of new strings. I have had it for several years so they may be a little higher now. I think you did the right thing walking away from it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I can build an American Strat for around $200 or so and get the decals when I see them priced at $1700 I just shake my head and grin

"Growing old is not for sissies"

JJJ ... way to go on the restraint. Sometimes my empty wallet is the only effective deterrent, so "good on ya" for the willpower.

Tenement Funster wrote:

JJJ ... way to go on the restraint. Sometimes my empty wallet is the only effective deterrent, so "good on ya" for the willpower.

That empty wallet works quite well. I go to the flea market a couple times a month. Unless I know there is something in particular I want, I tend to not take too much money with me.

Last fall I decided to take the plunge and buy a mandolin. I've wanted one for a long time but never did anything about it. Went to the one music stand and the fellow had 3. A Gibson for $900, a name I didn't recognize for $300 and a Kay for $175. I offered him a nice crisp $100 bill for the Kay. Said he couldn't take less than $150. I said thanks and got about 2 steps away and he gave a little shout to me. He decided that since it needed new strings and he didn't want to be bothered with it, he'd let it go for $100. smile

I keep going to flea markets, but can never find a big sack of talent like I really need.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It wasn`t the money. I just didn`t think it was that important. I have 2 already and a third would just take up space. It would have to be a really epic deal for me to go to an ATM to buy one now.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.