Topic: Hey MKM or Normtheguitar

So, how's that K&K Mini sound if you thump on the top a bit.  Some songs I like to do a bit of thumping with my 'spare' fingertips to add percussion to the sound.  Does the K&K pick that up?  If it does, how does it sound through the amp?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Hey MKM or Normtheguitar

YES!  And it sounds good!  It sounds just like you're knocking on the top of the guitar, almost drum like.  What you would expect to hear if the guitar was mic'd in fact.  I tried it through the friend's PA yesterday, and now HE is thinking about getting one too!  Going to GC today to try it through that monitor/pa I was talking about.  Chances are when my paycheck comes in I'll be buying that.  It's quite awesome!  Doug here on Chordie has one too, and he knows stuff about stuff.  It was on his suggestion that I went for it, and am darn glad I did!!!!  (Jim is enjoying the metal settings.  Who'd have thought a Martin could sound so dirty?  And yet, clean as a whistle through a PA with ZERO EQ.  Just like it was Mic'd.  AMAZING!!)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Hey MKM or Normtheguitar

Good.  Thanks.  I may need to pick one up for Boomer.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude