1 (edited by naolslager 2014-05-18 22:19:25)

Topic: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The weather in northern VA is perfect today. Sunny, cool, and calling all humans to get outside. I hear the call and I plan on a long run.

Yesterday I attempted to visit the 5,000+ instruments on display in the American History Museum. I was particularly interested in the guitars. After unwittingly stumbling into the Natural Museum of National History by accident -the wrong museum - I found my way to the correct museum, the American History Museum next door. (Am I the only one who finds these museum names confusing?) I visited the information desk to ask directions only to be told the West wing of the museum, the entire West wing, all three floors, are closed until 2015, 2016, or 2017 depending on which floor you want to visit.

I was dejected but a smile appeared on my face when I remembered this line from National Lampoon's movie "Vacation": “Sorry folks, parks closed....the moose out front should have told ya.” (John Candy as the security guard)

Unlike Clark W. Griswold I did not go crazy, but I did leave the museum.

Enjoy your day!
Dj

Re: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Bummer. That would have been a great day of ogling.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

That's not right.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman