1 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-06-12 00:02:20)

Topic: Imprompto Jam

I have friends from Montana that have been traveling across the country for a few weeks; with their grandson in tow. They stopped in here Monday morning. They are both bluegrass people and Sue can play just about any instrument. After a day of catching up, we spent yesterday afternoon and early evening just playing. She showed me some exercises for improving on the Mandolin, which I just started working on. Rain moved in around 7:00 so we moved indoors and went back to catching up but had a great time playing for 5-6 hours. Fingers were a bit tender after all that steady playing. Haven't done that for many years.

Here we are sitting outside their camper in our front yard. I'm on the right.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv65%3A5%3Dot%3E3%3B55%3D7%3A%3C%3D325%3DXROQDF%3E284%3B942775258ot1lsi

And here is their 3 year old grandson sitting on the fender of our horse trailer "playing" his uke.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B867%3Dot%3E3%3B55%3D7%3A%3C%3D325%3DXROQDF%3E284%3B94772%3C258ot1lsi

Re: Imprompto Jam

That sounds like fun UJB - love the photo's - the kid playing his uke could be a Norman Rockwell print

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

joe looks and sounds like it would be alot of too be there. Great pictures!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

topdown wrote:

the kid playing his uke could be a Norman Rockwell print

We thought the same thing! Sue is going to enter it in a photo contest when they get home.

Is that a 000 slot head the gent in the middle is playing?

The pic of the the youngun on the trailer is priceless.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Sounds like a terrific time. The kiddie pic is a piece of art as well as a valued memento.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Dirty Ed wrote:

Is that a 000 slot head the gent in the middle is playing?

DE

No. It's a 3/4 size Yamaha.

They are making a large circle around the country and expect to be back in Montana in late August. They were pressed for space so they only brought that and the Uke. I have enough instruments to go around. The woman is playing my 12 string Alverez and picked up the mandolin for awhile as well. The one thing I don't have is a banjo which Steve is quite good with. I might have to look into one just to have it around for when someone comes by that can play it.

Hey there Joe,what fun it is to hang out with old friends and do a little pickin. Nice picture of you guys having a great time. And an awesome picture of the little guy. Time spent with old friends is always time well spent. Thanks for sharing!
                                                                                                                                                                               Dave

Looks like you all had fun. Great pics

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks for sharing this with us!  Good times, good people, and music, that's what it's all about!  Love the photo of the little guy too.  Priceless!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Looks like a lot of fun. Nice pics, too!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

+1 on the boys pic its awesome. great times you had. That is something I have always wanted to do,, family , camper and go see all my buddies  with no worry of time constraints or money. LOLOLOL That will be the day!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)