Re: Might be a NGD, tomorrow

Email sent NELA - looking forward to seeing the pics!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

OK - finally - pics of this beautiful guitar. I bet she sounds as good as she looks! Congrats NELA!

[img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2907/14455400345_592f0fbf2c_o.jpg000_photo1 (2) by top_down67, on Flickr[/img]

[img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3892/14452048811_545cb349a1_o.jpgback by top_down67, on Flickr[/img]

[img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5514/14268803508_efb32b9151_o.jpgheadstock by top_down67, on Flickr[/img]

[img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5314/14268799770_fb23314881_o.jpginsidehole by top_down67, on Flickr[/img]

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

With pics posted, now I believe it happened. Happy NGD!!!!!!! I love the builder tag on the inside.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got the new baby all spiffed up and ready to go! I traded my old 12 string years ago for another six string, that I don't play much now. I have the itch to get another one if the right one comes along.
I too have tried and failed to post pictures here. Just dumb I guess. So, if you learn how, please teach this old  dog a new trick. lol....

Sorry I posted before I saw the pics. You really have a 12 string goddess there NELA. Absolutely gorgeous!

That is nice. Congrats to you.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Thanks for the help, Topdown. I don't care what everybody else say's about you, you are a fine feller.

Nela

Beautiful Guitar NELA!  Congrats!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Holy Jimminy - that's gorgeous!  Great find NELA.  I hope you get many good years of service and many millions of smiles from it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks for the compliments, ya'll. Not bad for a 25 year old guitar, is it.

Nela

I bet you didn't expect to be running your fingers all over a 25 year old, did you?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nela that's one great looking guitar!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Nela that's one great looking guitar!!

I agree with dino--you just got yourself a beautiful guitar.

Great looking guitar and a fantastic find. Now all we need is to hear a recording of you playing to know if it sounds as good as it looks.  ~please~ smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

40 (edited by NELA 2014-06-20 13:41:15)

Played out last night with some friends and got a lotta compliments about the guitar. I have wanted a 12 string for a long time and can't seem to put this one down. Can't get over how well set=up it is. The strings are 9 / 42 lites. I play 11 / 52's on my 6 string and thought it played easy, no comparision. Looks like I'll be getting it back to the "shop" to get it set up, again.

Zurf, got some snow on the roof and I'm not as good as I once was, but.......................................................... I forget.

Nela

That's a beautiful looking instrument, NELA, and I'm sure it's aged to perfection ... full, warm sound. May you have lots of happy hours together.

Congrats NELA!  Sounds like a great guitar.

q.  How long does it take to tune a 12er
a.  Nobody knows...

I'm not a 12 string player, but I've got to say that your new guitar is stunning.

jgreen, I never timed myself on how long it took to tune the guitar but I did notice that I now spend half my tuning and the other half playing out of tune. When I changed strings, though, I did notice it took twice as much time as it did for my 6 string, imagine that.

Nela
The 12 string really holds tune, well. Whenever I pick it up to play something it only need some minor adjustments. The 12 string is addicting.

Can't imagine how or why a 12-string would require twice the time to string it & tune it than a 6-string would. Like you said, imagine that ... LOL.