Topic: NEW Pink Floyd Album - Fall 2014

Yep ... you read right!

Here's an article from the latest issue of "Guitar World" about a brand spanking new Pink Floyd album coming out this Fall:

http://www.guitarworld.com/pink-floyd-r … river-fall

I know there's a lot of Pink Floyd fans in the Chordie Universe, so this is awesome news that we never thought we'd see.

"Ticking away, the moments that wait for the new stuff."

Re: NEW Pink Floyd Album - Fall 2014

very interesting, thanks for the heads up.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

While I love Gilmour's guitar work, without Roger Waters, it is not Pink Floyd.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

Agreed.   Kinda like The Grateful Dead without Jerry Garcia. sad

topdown wrote:

Not so fast. There was quite a bit of good material post Waters. He should have never left and he admits now he was wrong. Gilmour has kept the torch burning.

I read it was going too be out around october.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I personally like all eras of Pink Floyd's work.

While it's true that their style has changed over the years (Syd Barrett > Roger Waters > post-Waters) it's all quite good. I did find that Waters' ego started to overshadow the music on "Animals" and "The Wall" with more of a message-based emphasis rather than a musical one. Waters also was getting too "politically angry", and that gets tedious before long. I personally like Gilmour's stamp on the band, as his humble and introspective personality added depth both lyrically and musically. A band ... like any living thing ... should grow and progress. Just my two-cents worth.

I can't wait for "The Endless River" !!!

Here's an article from "The Washington Post" last week about "The Endless River", cover art, commentary, etc. Can't wait for November 10th!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn … the-album/