Topic: What made Jimi Hendrix so great
I like to know the classic chordian opinion.
What made Jimi Hendrix so tremendous, out of proportion, a miraculous good as guitar player.
- his music style? a lot players played also out of league. I just know that in his US, New York period, that his talent was UNDERESTIMATED, btw it is kind of a funny fact that he was born in Seattle, for me a non USA resident, it is like a little bell sounding in my head, because who else was from Seattle, it all started there early nineties for a few "out of league groups (see Nirvana). I am convinced that, knowing this, Jimi would have fit in this kind of music. Maybe he was born to early or was he the biggest influence for GRUNGE.
- I better continue, there are quit a lot of phenomenal guitar players like SRV, I think if both still lived that this would be an unbelievable concert: ON THE GUITARS JIMI & SRV.
But even knowing that a lot of famous guitar players, like Clapton, Jan Akkerman (is from the netherlands, and had a few international top 10 hits, with his group FOCUS) can play almost exact, way songs like VOODOO CHILE (Slight Return). Success started in England, with the EXPERIENCE BAND, is this name on purpose? We all see the burning fender's, but in fact he did this only 3 times.
So what made him an "out of league artist". was it a combination of being an exceptioal talented guitar player, or his performance, acting like a magician, or hypnotising, by playing with his teeth, by holding his guitar high in the air, or behind his back, DON'T SHOOT ME NOW" to cover up, he was very shy, that he wasn't that great as all the Hendrix lovers are thinking?
He couldn't find a better name for him and the band, so is it the way he used (we don't have this problem, because of all our floor pedals, like line 6, behringer..) together with his technician EDDIE KRAMER, always busy to find unique sounds, by connecting amps, wah wah, distortion?
Fact is that he became a kind of God after he died, he was not really a living legend. Am I right or wrong? I just wrote about him, NOT KNOWING WHY THERE IS STILL TODAY A HYPE. The only facts I know are.
- he was a very very good player, performing like nobody did (maybe only Pete Townsend))
- he had very long fingers
- he did a lot of experiments in his studio & on stage.
But I have the impression that there is a missing link, wich made the difference with other fabulous guitar gods.
Please help me here chordians
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]