Topic: Eric Clapton Crossroads concert

just rented this on DVD, and I'm really considering buying it. Did anyone here get a chance to see the concert live?

In case you've never heard of it before, the concert was almost like a an guitar invitational, Clapton invited all of the classic guitar greats (BB King,  james Taylor, Joe Walsh, Carlos Santana and SO many more) and a couple new faces like John Mayer. It was an amazing concert, most of it improv, that showed the verstility of the guitar as well as the musicians playing it. I highly reccomend watching this, and I think there may be a CD as well. Hate to sound like I'm selling something, but this was truly awesome and inspirational, and i think it's a must see for all guitarists.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

2 (edited by badeye 2007-06-12 21:08:45)

Re: Eric Clapton Crossroads concert

Hey J-page Thats an awesome DVD. Iv'e had it about a year now and watch it all the time. Try and find Steve Ray Vaughn "Live at the El Macombo" It'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand up strait. Or "Jump up the blues"with Albert Collins, Joe Walsh, and the great Etta James. Music that makes ya feel good. I've listening for a long time.

Take Care....Badeye.

one caper after another

did u hear Clapton's holding another crossroads festivan LIVE on SAT. JULY 28 2007? that's not too far away.
if u are interested in goin, go to guitarcenter.com/crossroads and clik the link to crossroads to enter.
if u win they will tell u by phone and you will win2 VIP tickets, 2 round trip flights/ hotel accomodation(it's in Chicago, IL), and $500 spending cash.
I've already entered for a chance to win.

It's an annual event the proceeds benefit the Crossroads Rehab Center in Antigua. Jpage_roxmysox if your speaking of the Crossroads Guitar Festival held in Texas, your right invest the money and buy it. Robert Cray and Robert Randolph totally smoke on that dvd repeat totally smoke. Also as Badeye mentioned Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble "Live at the Macambo" also smokes and is well worth the money.

Bootlegger.

Hi,

I don't buy many DVD's.  But that is one that I did.  It is great.  I play it all the time and really enjoy it.

Tom Beals

I bought the DVD today and watched the whole thing. it was great. It make me want to practice and become a better guitar player

what a long strange trip it's been

patrickjacques wrote:

I bought the DVD today and watched the whole thing. it was great. It make me want to practice and become a better guitar player

Hey P.J.
Tell me that it was money well spent I know when I bought mine it was.  What did you think of Robert Randolph on the slide guitar. Hearing it made me go out and buy both his cd's.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Bootlegger.

That was some great advise I got, telling me to buy this DVD. I look foward to watching it again and again. How are those Robert Randolph CD's

what a long strange trip it's been