Topic: Other Hobbies

Hey guys, hope everyone has been doing ok. I was just wondering (besides guitar) what some of your other interests are, or any other hobbies you might have. I've gotten into building bird houses. You can have a look at some of them here if you like. https://www.facebook.com/craziebirdz

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

2 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-11-04 02:12:16)

Re: Other Hobbies

usually during winter I don't go out to much except to the store for food or the Laundromat and chess is my chosen hobby
Late apology very nice work on the birdhouses excuse my senior moment smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Very creative birdhouses, I see some projects in my future. I've got lots of old roofing tin and scrap lumber from old barns that might be of use. I always had a ton of fun building small boats and canoes, but these bird houses will give me something to do during the cold winter months. I'm going to make sure my wife takes a look at your facebook link, she will absolutely love it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hey Cam - Nice to hear from ya, been a while! Those are some awesome birdhouses! If I were still in NC, I'd have to pick one up. My wife would love them.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sweet!

I train dogs. Cool birdhouses!

Hi cam great too see you are still around,your birdhouses are great thanks for the share. I like too tinker with old cars and motors in my spare time. I am looking for a volkswagon I can restore too original right now.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Cam, nice to hear from you. A great and worth-while hobby. There are some great designs amongst them.

My other hobby is photography, particularly wildlife and macro.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

9 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-11-03 03:34:49)

Cameron ... those are some cool designs for birdhouses. I've built a few, but they're not as intricate or interesting as yours.

As much as I truly enjoy music & guitar playing, my absolute first love is fly fishing for trout, salmon, shad, stripers, and smallmouth bass. I also tie my own flies for all of these species, and enjoy catching a fish on something I created myself. Whether wading a river for trout, salmon, and shad ... or cruising the lakes and estuaries in my kayak for stripers or smallies, "the tug is the drug" for me. I got my Provincial Guide's license about 10 years, and began a one-man business called "Fishin' & Grinnin' Guide Service". Age, arthritis, plus bad knees and hips have slowed things down in the last few years, but when trout season starts here on April 1st, my guitars start to gather dust!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AtDTKikQPP8/VFb3hPu4D8I/AAAAAAAAAC4/GGecUlGU7U0/s384/Jul04-2010.jpg

Hi Cam, besides guitar, I have just picked up a uke! But my other main interests are growing food, and solar/sustainanle stuff.

Love the bird houses!

Jill

Hey, Cam. How the heck ya been? Not as active as I once was and kinda limited on what I can and cannot do. I do watch a lot of TV. I have to pee a lot so I do get exercise walking from the reclyner to the bathroom and back. Been wanting to go hunting but haven't been yet. Same with phishing. Got a doctor's appointment on Friday so I guess I'll get outside for a little while, may even get a haircut. Been looking at a stack of firewood in the yard that needs splitting - it's still there. Looks like I may be discussing 2 more surgeries with my doctors when I go back to Houston in December (#15 and 16) for hernia's. Other than that things are just peachy.

NELA

Hey Cam!  Good to see ya on Chordie!  Me?  All the "normal" mom stuff.  Baking, sewing, knitting, and I still dabble with my cosmetology skills on the side, more as a hobby than a career.  smile  We have a halloween costume party to go to this coming weekend.  Afterwards, I'll put up some pics that'll help clarify the sewing and cosmetology hobby end!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Cam, Cool Bird Houses. The taller one has a Hobbit kind of feel for me. Trailer one pretty cool, never seen one like those before. My hobby, riding horses and cowboying a bit. Playing out in clubs but sometimes more work than hobby.

Joe

Thanks for asking, Cam! I'm not sure if I'm still a guitar player, tbh, as they are all gathering dust, unfortunately! I also love fly-fishing, but have actually been fishing a total of zero times this year - the local fishing being very limited. Also like gardening, especially growing stuff (mostly edibles) from seed. And cooking - specialities being soups and curries...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I enjoy fishing of any sort.  My favorites are fly fishing in moving water (rivers and creeks, whether from paddle craft or wading) and surf fishing. 

I enjoy photography, though I've been an awful slouch of it lately.  A friend of mine recently posted some stuff I did of him when we were 14 or 15 years old and I realized that I haven't done any photo work that good for decades.  Sad to have peaked before I could legally drive. 

I enjoy archery.  I don't bow hunt, or hunt after any fashion whatever unless the quarry has gills and fins, but I do enjoy static target archery and 3D target archery.  I use a recurve bow without any aiming or targeting sights.  While the supreme accuracy one obtains with a fully tricked out compound bow is surely intrigueing, there's something visceral about having my fingers on the string and having to 'feel' the distance and target window. 

I like building stuff.  I have not done much fine carpentry, though I like it.  I've done enough to know that your birdhouses are totally trick! That said, I greatly enjoy rough carpentry.  Building a kayak rack or shed or what-have-you is just my kind of thing.  Lots of fun. 

I enjoy camping, especially by rivers, and especially if there are train tracks nearby.  There's little that I enjoy more or relaxes me more than hearing the river current and a train in the near distance. My favorite campground in WV has train tracks right alongside, and a small rapid at the edge.  I know just where to pitch my tent to get the maximum effect of them both. 

I am on the grand adventure of raising my children.  They amaze me with monotonous regularity.  We went out for a country drive today and we had a barrel of laughs with one another.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I enjoy drinking. Beer, wine, vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, bourbon - pretty much anything besides scotch and gin. I enjoy it in all forms, straight up, on the rocks, mixed properly with various fruits juices and sodas - there is always a new drink to be explored.

I also enjoy the ladies - tall ones, short ones, skinny ones, chunky ones, pretty much all shapes, sizes and nationalities. As long as they have a great smile and like to have a good time, I'm in.

I enjoy cooking - especially for a Lady and with some nice cocktails.

I enjoy fishing - but really catching fish is secondary to enjoying the sun and some cold beers.

I enjoy playing golf - but that's really just an excuse to drink and smoke cigars while beating a ball around while enjoying the outdoors.

I like classic muscle cars and cruising around with the top down - but that's really just a method to pick up chicks.

I love the beach - enjoying a cocktail at sunset and checking out the lades in bikinis  - I really like that.     

Don't let you babies grow up like topdown's!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Jeff - it may just be my terrible bad luck, but Mrs Norm won't be able to make Chordiestock. I'm really looking forward to my trip to Florida...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Playing tuba, making videos, sailing and motorcycling.
Enjoying pleasant women has always been fun.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hunting, fishing, tattooing, and airbrushing.

cool birdhouses. Hunting, fishing ,motorcycling, tattooing, and airbrushing are my other hobbies .

Thanks guys, it was great to hear from you all. Sorry I don't get on here much anymore sometimes life just gets in the way. I really appreciate all the kind words about my birdhouses. Hopefully I can make more time to be on here more than I have been.

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I promised a few pictures to clarify my cosmetology/sewing hobbies, so here ya go...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10388568_10205195285460347_6479221348850294047_n.jpg?oh=eb0d5670946242e8dd380bdd8df3c16c&oe=54D70F0D&__gda__=1424515672_71b23e33228cd9e1758fd9359cda4f6a

And here's my fancy homemade skirt:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1510947_10205195763712303_330749469199713416_n.jpg?oh=c1c4797b587ea144a7afcbc299a35f6a&oe=54EE278E&__gda__=1423751140_b52c9579be5fbb19faa0a3a9dc08830c

LOL!  Now... time to get the baking done, and there's a Turkey somewhere that needs to be stuffed soon...

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Awesome work, Amy! Reminds me of Jack Skellington from "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

Wow thats amzing Amy

WOW, Amy that's art. Very cool.

Joe