Topic: Alesis SR-16

I used to have one of these for over ten years and it was damaged accidentally I finely got around to replacing it today
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ … ntent=SR16
I would like to add it is the best and most realistic sounding rhythm machine I have come across and priced in my budget smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Alesis SR-16

looks like a good drum machine Russell,enjoy!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

looks like a good drum machine Russell,enjoy!

yep dino it is and I will put to work as soon as it arrives smile

I have been having a blast improvising rhythms one of the cool things about the SR 16 is you can start with one drum and add as you go the SR quantizes the beats for you and you also can build your own kit and change all the pads to whatever drum you want or percussive instrument.

Just watched some YouTube entries featuring your Alesis, Russell, and I gotta say how impressed I am with the sound of it. There are a lot of very cheezie sounding drum machines out there, but yours has some very authentic tone. Nice rig!

Tenement Funster wrote:

Just watched some YouTube entries featuring your Alesis, Russell, and I gotta say how impressed I am with the sound of it. There are a lot of very cheezie sounding drum machines out there, but yours has some very authentic tone. Nice rig!

yes amazing the years that have passed since it came on the market and it still remains one of the best I got mine from Sweetwater for $149.00 new they were around $260.00 but fortunately the price dropped in time could be a holiday special either way I got it at the right cost.  I spent about 2hrs working with my LP today and am totally impressed with the SOUND and ease of fingering worth every penny I did put some hybrid strings on and love the low .046 E string feeling good about playing slide on it I will do a video smile