Topic: NEW LINEUP

I found a home for my new Les Paul on my wall of joy each instrument has it's own identity and sound smile
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10731066_10205254188573015_3662098231410507491_n.jpg?oh=6a8ed8636eddb6d34e3a52aac0601e43&oe=54E28EDB&__gda__=1424697742_4304fa4c8ec7f8ebbd381044974adcc4

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: NEW LINEUP

Nice wall, Russ. And them are some good looking guitar's, as well.

Nela

NELA wrote:

Nice wall, Russ. And them are some good looking guitar's, as well.

Nela

Thanks Nela I like to explore variations in tones and this variety offers that smile

Looks like your gonna need a bigger wall soon.  You have some fine looking guitars Russell.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Russell, Nice toys. I like the term "Wall of Joy" it really fits.

Joe

Great looking selection Russell glad you have the ability too play good as you do. How come no archtops,like a Gibson 335?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That's a great looking arsenal, Russell.

Great to have everything hung up to admire, and to keep them safe. My wife calls my collection "The Wall of Noise". Some people just have no appreciation for dive bombing at high volumes (LOL).

bluejeep wrote:

Looks like your gonna need a bigger wall soon.  You have some fine looking guitars Russell.

thanks yep I may have to take down a few pictures smile

Tyson7 wrote:

Russell, Nice toys. I like the term "Wall of Joy" it really fits.

Joe

Joe it kind of came to me at the time and it describes what I feel I am happy to be a temporary custodian smile

dino48 wrote:

Great looking selection Russell glad you have the ability too play good as you do. How come no archtops,like a Gibson 335?

dino I never really cared for the 335 or SG and I owned both smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

That's a great looking arsenal, Russell.

Great to have everything hung up to admire, and to keep them safe. My wife calls my collection "The Wall of Noise". Some people just have no appreciation for dive bombing at high volumes (LOL).

TF that's the idea I have to laugh at your wife's name "wall of noise" lol

Just a guess  but you can`t be married.

The King Of Audio Torture

Russell you still got room up on the wall for an air guitar!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice wall! But you seem to be a tad short on acoustics. big_smile

unclejoesband wrote:

Nice wall! But you seem to be a tad short on acoustics. big_smile

I also have a Dobro Houndog in a case I go direct from my effects unit to the Tascam DP24 for guitar, bass and my new Aleisis drum machine all the vocals run through a processor and into the Tascam I use headsets to monitor and mix

dino48 wrote:

Russell you still got room up on the wall for an air guitar!

lots of room dino lol

easybeat wrote:

Just a guess  but you can`t be married.

good guess I'm playing hard to get lol

Nice lineup Russell

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Is that the Douglas on the left? It's huge compared to the LP. I like the LP better.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

topdown wrote:

Nice lineup Russell

Thank you Topdown it is a sort of musical harem smile

zguitar wrote:

Is that the Douglas on the left? It's huge compared to the LP. I like the LP better.

you are correct Z funny thing is the LP weighs about 2lbs more then the Douglass the noticeable difference is the frets and speed on the LP they are really low and fast so much so I am ordering a fret file to lower the frets on the Douglass and the Fender builds of course I have to lower the nut and bridge equally there is a kit at Stewmac to protect the fretboard from getting scratched I am ordering it and I will "attend" via video link a tutorial on doing it right. smile

If I could find "A black hole deep in space", I'd stop by just to play that Douglas for a few minutes (its been on my GAS list since you first got it)

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bluejeep wrote:

If I could find "A black hole deep in space", I'd stop by just to play that Douglas for a few minutes (its been on my GAS list since you first got it)

I live in Port Washington Wisconsin about 25 miles north of Milwaukee I can see the lake(Michigan) from my front door I would consider parting with it for the right price in has a new hard shell case too for those serious minded people but if your in the neighborhood email me and your more then welcome to give it a whirl smile

24 (edited by dino48 2014-11-08 01:38:07)

Russell whats next  on your gas list, or is it too soon too ask? I am guessing a Fender Telicaster or a Rickenbacker.

dino48 wrote:

Russell whats next  on your gas list, or is it too soon too ask? I am guessing a Fender Telicaster or a Rickenbacker.

dino I was looking at a modified tele on Rondo guitars it was only 115.00 not a fender but the same pickups and wiring, body and neck I tried to get it and it was out of stock I can wait. My next priority is recording some new songs with my newly purchased Alesis SR-16 for authentic drum sounds including various fills for that real feel its the closest sound to a real drummer I have come across. I have been playing around with Toto's Africa Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy man and for good measure Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way and Life's been good might even do Neal Young's After The Gold Rush what the heck all of them lol