Re: Other Hobbies

im a chinese ,i like play basketball and singing ,where you from that i want to know,and i like make friend with other country people

Two thumbs up amy,great work how did you get your hubby too stand still? I would have been moving all over.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Very nice work Amy! And very scary!
My other passion besides playing music is deer hunting with bow and arrow. The last few weeks when not working. I'm up at four am, in the woods by first light and come out at dark. Needless to say, I've not been playing as much as usual lately. But will get back to playing and hopefully a winter gig in a couple of weeks.

Welcome to Chordie Wen.

If you look under the user names, many people have their location listed. Most of the users are from the US and the UK, but there are Chordie members from all over. You may be our first Chinese participant in the forums.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome to Chordie Wen.

Per Webster, a hobby is "any activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation."  Per that definition I guess I have several hobbies other than music:

Woodworking - I occasionally build small items but my real passion over the years has been designing and building houses.  Finding land to build on, designing a house that fits the area and then carrying through with the plan has been something I have always enjoyed.  I would usually start construction about September/October so I could work on the inside during the winter and have it ready for the market in the spring, although there have been houses that have taken over a year to build when family activities, my normal job or other hobbies got in the way.  I do all the work myself - masonry, carpentry, plumbing, wiring, etc.  Since these projects were time consuming, I only did it every 5-6 years. At age 64, I  might be getting a little old to start a new one although I have been thinking about trying to design and build a "tiny house".  I've also built 5 cedar-strip canoes over the years which I've used for some of my wilderness canoe trips.

Water sports - I've always had a passion for river-running, whether wilderness tripping, paddling "hair" runs or racing.  Over the years I've kayaked several eastern class IV-V rivers such as the New, Gauley, Cheat, Ocoee, Chattooga, as well as guiding raft trips for my friends.  I tried canoe racing for a couple of years before a shoulder injury ended that phase. I did manage to win a couple races at the '82 World's Fair in Knoxville as well as getting a few trophies in state-level races in Ohio.  I still kayak and canoe easier streams (class II-III) although now I row a raft when doing bigger water.  Currently there is a whitewater raft, a royalex canoe and 5 kayaks out in the garage.

Reading - I enjoy reading and collecting books about history. I have several books about the Lewis and Clark expedition and have just topped 60 hard-backs in my Civil War collection.

Fishing - As I've gotten older, stream fishing, especially chasing smallmouth bass has replaced my whitewater addiction.  Some years I've held fishing licenses in as many as 7 states as well as Canada. Catching smallmouth bass on home-made lures while fishing a stream that is a historical canoe route in a canoe I've built is near the top of my list of things I've done for fun.  smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Welcome to Chordie, Wen!

Dino - we each did our own make up!  Jim tattoos and airbrushes, so he's not too shabby with artsy fartsy things himself.  wink

Thanks for the compliments guys.  We had a blast, and won "best couple" in the costume contest at my Dad's house.  smile

DE - I read a LOT myself!  I tend to stay away from the history books, although I find the older I get the more I enjoy learning about history!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

My ex-wife and I once dressed as thermomometers ,oral and rectial when we were on a cruse ship and got a 3rd place. I got too be the rectial one. We used sheets they gave us. You and hubby did a great job.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman