Topic: New studio setup

I now have a better layout more room and I hooked my laptop to my 24"HD TV a lot easier to see and work with
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-xNcfc8g4j70/U_bf24Z0leI/AAAAAAAABHI/ZL2xYfETXNQ/w1143-h857-no/New%2BStudio%2Bview%2B001.JPG

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: New studio setup

Nice!

Who is the geezer on facebook?  Friend of yours?  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Russell, Looks great !! My studio doesn't look anywhere near that clean or organized.

Joe

jerome.oneil wrote:

Nice!

Who is the geezer on facebook?  Friend of yours?  big_smile

lol yes I have known him all my life smile

Tyson7 wrote:

Russell, Looks great !! My studio doesn't look anywhere near that clean or organized.

Joe

Thanks Joe it looks organized now but in the heat of battle no holds barred till the recording is finished smile

More seriously...

I'm not sure if it's the angle of the camera, but the monitor on the right looks to be farther away from the center of the desk than the monitor on the left.    Near field monitors like the Rokits sound their very best when they are set up in an equilateral triangle with your head as one point, and the monitors as the other two.   It seems trivial, but I've found just a few inches of movement in one of the monitors makes a huge difference in how they are heard.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Looks very organized Russell, if I had a studio I would like it too look that way,first I need too get me some recording goodies and a good voice.I fear I will never have the voice. I am practicising lead in riffs and things like that so some day I can post something too my youtube.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

jerome.oneil wrote:

More seriously...

I'm not sure if it's the angle of the camera, but the monitor on the right looks to be farther away from the center of the desk than the monitor on the left.    Near field monitors like the Rokits sound their very best when they are set up in an equilateral triangle with your head as one point, and the monitors as the other two.   It seems trivial, but I've found just a few inches of movement in one of the monitors makes a huge difference in how they are heard.

it is about 3 inches that is easily correctable have to move a few wires in front of the speaker I did notice it and am aware of the triangle thanks for pointing it out thou smile

dino48 wrote:

Looks very organized Russell, if I had a studio I would like it too look that way,first I need too get me some recording goodies and a good voice.I fear I will never have the voice. I am practicising lead in riffs and things like that so some day I can post something too my youtube.

thanks dino and start small and work yourself up its a lifelong pursuit so no hurry smile

your lay-out looks similar to mine russ, only my PC monitor is to the right of my DP24, then my alesis mixer. to my left hand are my acoustic 12 and 6 string and bass guitars. to my right hand are my keyboards and alesis performance pad. directly in front of me are my supplies of peanuts! yum yum

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

your lay-out looks similar to mine russ, only my PC monitor is to the right of my DP24, then my alesis mixer. to my left hand are my acoustic 12 and 6 string and bass guitars. to my right hand are my keyboards and alesis performance pad. directly in front of me are my supplies of peanuts! yum yum

I have my peanuts to the left, Pistachios! and my new monitor is a 32 inch the one pictured is 23 I use a hdmi  cable to go direct from my laptop to my tv and run it through my surround sound via a light fiber sounds really nice. hope you have a nice holiday season Phill smile

Gotta keep the peanuts & pistachios handy, so you don't go nuts! Seriously, that's a very functional setup you've got there, and you really know how to use it well.

Very nice Russell. I am always working on making my space better. I am adding a Voicelive a Play Acoustic and haven't yet figured where I want it. It's all about ease of use.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Gotta keep the peanuts & pistachios handy, so you don't go nuts! Seriously, that's a very functional setup you've got there, and you really know how to use it well.

Thanks TF just for funzies I recorded the drum,bass and rhythm guitar tracks for Toto's Africa I sent a lead sheet to a keyboard player who is trying to work his schedule to come over and record the keyboard tracks still adding a electric (Gibson naturally) track I will download this to my loop machine when mixed for a party this holiday season. smile

bensonp wrote:

Very nice Russell. I am always working on making my space better. I am adding a Voicelive a Play Acoustic and haven't yet figured where I want it. It's all about ease of use.

Thank you Pete it is fun working with new gear especially when it enhances your performance smile

16 (edited by Phill Williams 2014-12-02 19:56:19)

no matter how good the gear is, it's the fingers and the talent that makes it good. unfortunately my fingers are stiff and my talent has yet to emerge.....

ps. i have a drawer to my left with jelly babies in for when i need a sugar rush. their the soft british jelly babies. there is a story of the beatles that goes; they were on their first US tour and let it slip that they loved jelly babies, but the US ones are hard! not fun getting pelted with hard boiled sweets!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

good job they  didn't   say baked  beans  ,tins  are  harder!!!!!!!!!!