1 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-12-21 23:39:07)

Topic: NGD

As some of you will know from my previous thread, I was looking at an SG with a repaired headstock. After a lot of considerations, I opted to let it go.

Yesterday I took a little road trip and picked up an SG 60's tribute. He was asking $500 for it but he came down to $440 because it didn't have a hard case; basically split the difference with me for the new case I'll be getting shortly.

Having only ever played acoustic all my life, this is quite a change. Kinda have to learn to play all over. But I'm looking forward to not having to stop at the 15th fret as I continue to learn the scales.

If you look real close you can see my fingers and the camera in the neck pick-up.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C4%3B3%3Enu%3D4%3A64%3E6%3B%3B%3E234%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A6%3C83%3A%3C2349nu0mrj

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv353%3A6%3Enu%3D4%3A64%3E6%3B%3B%3E234%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A6%3C83%3A%3C3349nu0mrj

Re: NGD

A sweet looking guitar there, hope ya have a lot of fun with it congrats!! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The Matte look is great.     With an electric you will need the dreaded power chords! LOLOL at least its a quicker way qround on  one.  also there are many great distortion pedals out there! or one that can emulate many,,  the toys are endless LOLOL

Congrats!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

not to mention the free cat !  smile

Nice guitar

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Happy NGD UJB -she's a beauty! I'm going through the same "learning to play an electric" struggle that you are. It certainly is a different beast!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Happy NGD, Uncle Joe!

That's a beautiful looking SG, and you've certainly got a fun adventure ahead of you. Looks like you've got lots pf space around you so you can CRANK IT UP!!! lol

7 (edited by dino48 2014-12-22 01:45:28)

Happy new guitar day,that is a good looking guitar the electricks can hide alot of the mistake we make on acoustics.I like the cat also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good for you. Nice looking guitar

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

TIGLJK wrote:

not to mention the free cat !  smile

Yeah, she wandered in here 5-6 years ago. We named her Happy. Whenever you open the back door she comes running. She won't come in the house but she'll take all the attention you're willing to give her. She prefers to live in the little barn with the horses.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Happy NGD, Uncle Joe!

That's a beautiful looking SG, and you've certainly got a fun adventure ahead of you. Looks like you've got lots pf space around you so you can CRANK IT UP!!! lol

It may look like a lot but there's only 3.5 acres here. We have 2 neighbors within 100 yards of us.

Happy NGD!!!!

Gonna get me an electric someday............

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats stopping ya??

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

That's a beauty!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Great guitar, congratulations. I hope you will be very happy together for many years.

Roger.

P.S. Love the cat smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

UncleJoe,  Good choice. Congrats !!! Now you don't have to second guess the neck repair. Looks great, always loved the Gibson's. I had a 64 SG at one time. Enjoy the journey.

Joe

15 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-12-22 15:46:29)

zguitar wrote:

Gonna get me an electric someday............

beamer wrote:

Whats stopping ya??

That's what I asked myself about a month ago.

I was originally thinking I would get one next year after I had made more progress on the scales and then thought; Why?

BTW, Love your sig line beamer. smile Especially this line.

Mal - Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that

Nice guitar - congrats!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Happy NGD unclejoe! Thats a mighty fine looking guitar.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Really sweet guitar there unclejoe! I have always thought the sg was just so cool! More so than the lp,just my opinion.

Happy NGD!!!  smile. Purty Axe!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.