Topic: Gibson Les Paul Deluxe vs.Home Made Stratocaster

This is a bit on the long side I am testing new software for TrakAx Pro a video production company and also the 1st time I have played both my new Les Paul and the Strat I put together from scratch. There are a few errors namely when I switched over to my Strat I had a problem getting the strap off the Les Paul and one of my strings was out of tune so I had to tune it on the fly but I did get a chance to record my newest song ( instrumental part) no lyrics yet but it is promising smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxsMcwT … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

2 (edited by dino48 2014-12-23 01:55:27)

Re: Gibson Les Paul Deluxe vs.Home Made Stratocaster

Both sound great Russell,I am leaning alittle more too the Les Paul it is most likely because of the songs. I liked the stars and sky/moon background.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm going to vote for the Les Paul also. The humbucker sound is typically my first choice because of the music I like (classic rock, prog rock, etc.). The single coil sound of a Strat lends itself better for blues, southern rock, and country, where smooth / clear / twang is favored over the thick / growling / chunky tones of the humbuckers.

That said, you've crafted two very beautifully voiced guitars!

dino48 wrote:

Both sound great Russell,I am leaning alittle more too the Les Paul it is most likely because of the songs. I liked the stars and sky/moon background.

Thank you! dino I like the background myself I found it by accident it was tucked away in my Pinnacle HD video program along with 40 other motion backgrounds. I favor the LP for blues and harder rock but the Strat has three hot Texas coils and can produce some very interesting sounds.

Tenement Funster wrote:

I'm going to vote for the Les Paul also. The humbucker sound is typically my first choice because of the music I like (classic rock, prog rock, etc.). The single coil sound of a Strat lends itself better for blues, southern rock, and country, where smooth / clear / twang is favored over the thick / growling / chunky tones of the humbuckers.

That said, you've crafted two very beautifully voiced guitars!

TF thanks for the kind words, I agree with the LP just something about it makes you want to practice lol smile

Hi Russ
Sounds like your having fun with all your new kit.
I liked the sound of both guitars even with the technical problems smile
looking forwards to seeing and hearing some awesome music and videos.
ark

arkady wrote:

Hi Russ
ark

Thanks ark just like real life you have to push on thru the problems and I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas smile

Russell_Harding wrote:
arkady wrote:

Hi Russ
ark

Thanks ark just like real life you have to push on thru the problems and I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas smile

Hi Russ
A merry Christmas to you and yours as well
Best wishes
ark