1 (edited by gtx 2014-12-29 22:08:32)

Topic: NGD

Just bought a 1960's EKO Ranger 12 string and I'm havin a blast.

the chordie geordie

Re: NGD

Happy NGD

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy New Guitar Day.

Pics or it didn't happen. smile

Still can't work out the pics thing

the chordie geordie

Have a happy new guitar day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

6 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-12-30 02:47:35)

gtx wrote:

Still can't work out the pics thing

You have to upload it to a site like Facebook or Picasa web albums first or email them to someone who has a website the steps are
1.right click on the photo and select properties 2.right click on the address and it will turn blue right click and select copy
go to Chordie and open the post then [img]rightclickandselectpaste[/img] and your photo will appear you can look at how it is done by clicking quot on any post with a photo. the post will show url but that's only because it is converted by the image code

"Growing old is not for sissies"

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-12-30 12:39:22)

Happy NGD!

I really like the design of the pickguards on the EKO Rangers. They wrap up further around the sound hole, and protect the surface from picks and fingernails when playing at the end of the fretboard. Congratulations to you!

I have a six string which I bought when I was 15 and I love it these guitars are so underrated mine has the lowest action of any guitar I've owned

Its great for a 50 year old guitar. Needs some work but sounds great. I think I've managed to Sen Roger a pic, so yoos will see it soon hopefully.

the chordie geordie

I have an EKO six string I brought second hand back in the early 70s. It's  caused quite a few arguments over the years, when the missus thinks I been playing it to long and I tell her. I've had that guitar longer than I've had her, and it's more fun to play with

Thick as two short planks

Mine  got  some  slight  damage  a  few  years back  when we  were renting a  house  in  the  uk the house   suffered a  burst pipe  when we  were away  for a few  days  and   my  Eko  got  wet causing a  split  in the  base near  the   strap  button .However  as it  hasn't  caused  any  problems  with the  way it  plays  or  sounds I've  not  had it  to  a  luthier  for   repair I  just  glued  it  my  self .It  is  my favourite  acoustic  although I do now  keep  it in a  safe  place .

i had an eko 12 string back in the 70's. it was a thin body but had a lovely sound but very quiet. i traded it in for a bass guitar so i could join a band that happened to want a bassist. i traded that in for a wilson bass which i still have. i kept breaking the G string on the eko, then i found out it's a common fault with 12 stringers....anyone know why that is?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

This one had been in someone's loft for years. The inside was full of cobwebs and dust and it has some humidity damage through the severe temp changes. When I changed the strings I hoovered it out. Cleaned the fretboard and even though there are a few cracks  and a bit lifting on the finish it still sounds great. Still love my 99 Tak EN20 though.

the chordie geordie

Check out www.brandoniguitars.co.uk for eko guitars and spares I believe they bought up all the old stock from Italy .The new eko guitars aren't the same quality

There are several pics online for EKO Ranger 12-strings. Does this one looks like yours?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/smansbucket/Guitars/General%20Guitar%20pictures/ekofront.jpg

Yes it sure does except mine looks like it has done 12 rounds with Hendrix, Townshend and a few other Rockers.

the chordie geordie

I have found that with guitars, beauty is only skin deep. Seen some that looked like a weck but played and sounded great. Then others looked heaven then and played and sounded like hell. Never judge a book.....well you know. Happy new guitar day!

hummin n strummin wrote:

I have found that with guitars, beauty is only skin deep. Seen some that looked like a weck but played and sounded great. Then others looked heaven then and played and sounded like hell. Never judge a book.....well you know. Happy new guitar day!

Look at Willie Nelsons Martin! Good example.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Unfortunately the picture you sent me Gavin was only 500kb and when it is shown at this size it is rather grainy.

Anyway here is the guitar in question, very similar to my mid 70's Melody 12er but hardly surprising as Melody made guitars for Eko smile

Roger

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7553/16152431251_1e1786a5c0_c.jpg

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger. Fingers are sore with the extra strings.

the chordie geordie