Re: CHORDIESTOCK III - 3/13/15 - 3/15/15 - save the date!

I'm gonna miss this year. Little bundle of joy should be about two weeks old at that point.

I made an even page on facebook for those interested. https://www.facebook.com/events/8120764 … tif_t=like

Also -Big News - I cannot state the details yet, but there is rumblings that a special surprise guest "star" will be attending! Got a feeling this is going to be the best chordiestock yet!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/1798901_10203262729919205_1410652805_o.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

It just keeps getting better.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Liz and I will be there, a coworker is gonna cover for me so It's a go!

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

Liz and I will be there, a coworker is gonna cover for me so It's a go!

SWEET! IM SOO EXCITEED ALREADY! LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

SteveO from O-Town here.  Long time Chordie'r, first time post'r...

Heard about last year's Chordiestock, so close to home!

Me and my bud Tommy Phat Phingers are thinking about throwin' down with you fellers this year.

I've got 3/15/2015 penciled in!

A wise man once said: Good men drink good beer.

SteveO - I can pretty much guarantee you and Tommy will have a great time! Hope you can join us!!!

Its mid November here in southern Ohio with 15 degree temps and 3" of snow on the ground.  If this is an indication of the coming winter, then I'm REALLY looking forward to being in Florida in March. wink

Thanks for the offer Jeff, I'll bring a tent, sleeping bag and air mattress and just find a corner somewhere to sack out for a couple hours each evening/morning or whenever the music stops. I'll be bringing the LAG acoustic/electric I bought a couple months ago and some new songs......

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

So far we have 8 or 9 chordians confirmed representing 5 US states and 2 other countries. Plus the 8 or 10 local musician friends that are gonna join in. We have several guitar players, a handful of bassists, some killer vocalists and a drummer or 3. This is looking to be the best chordiestock yet! Tents in the backyard are welcome! Make your plans and get on down to chordiestock III in March!

Hey chordiestock folks - I've had one of them fancy digital photo frames in my closet for about 4 or 5 years now - never had the motivation to load up any pics. I thought it might be cool to load it up with photos from the previous chordiestocks and have them scrolling for this years festivities.  I snagged all the pics I could find from chordie and facebook, but if any of you previous attendees have photos available, please email them to me or send me a link if they are posted somewhere on the net. THANKS!

Baha ....:)   smile  smile   I was just reading all the posts about chordiestock 2015...... sounds like the first two were a blast !
I can kind of picture this in my mind - reminds me of the post I put out about  my song The Sun Is Burning Out, that had the video of all those singers sitting around the kitchen table jamming - but some how on a bigger scale.

How many have attended in the past ?

Where is  # 3 being held ?

Anybody got a couple of pictures from past highlights?

It seems like it's truly a music family global event .

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

topdown wrote:

Hey chordiestock folks - I've had one of them fancy digital photo frames in my closet for about 4 or 5 years now - never had the motivation to load up any pics. I thought it might be cool to load it up with photos from the previous chordiestocks and have them scrolling for this years festivities.  I snagged all the pics I could find from chordie and facebook, but if any of you previous attendees have photos available, please email them to me or send me a link if they are posted somewhere on the net. THANKS!

Hi jeff,I am going through some of my old posts and looking for some photos I found one set I posted I am still looking for the chordiestock ones I will post if I have it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino - I already grabbed the ones I found here on chordie so don't go through to much trouble. I was thinking some of the past attendees might have some I haven't seen yet.

Hi TIJLIK,

This will be the 3rd year for chordiestock, held annually in Madeira Beach, FL (Tampa Bay area). It all started when an English chap (Normtheguitar) took me up on my invitation to crash on my couch - sounded like a great reason for a party to me!

The gatherings typically run between 10 and 15 pickers / strummers / bass players, including some local friends plus a smattering of spouses. Top of my head I count 9 different chordians who have attended and several will be returning for a 3rd year straight. I know of at least 2 confirmed newbies coming this year.

Links below are threads from previous years and include some photos. Please join us if you can - a great time is pretty much guaranteed!

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20856

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22338

I mentioned this to a buddy of mine (Dirty Ed knows him as Garuchi), and he thought it sounded like a lot of fun. I'll be giving you a call Jeff.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

The previous 2 were a blast but I'm thinkin' this 'un's gonna be legendary !

Give everything but up.

14hrs 36min or 957.3 miles whichever comes first. Not out of the question since I'm not working(my choice) right now. What a 72nd. birthday(3-21-15)present to self it could be. Can't commit right now but will confirm one way or the other as time gets closer.  Will stay in tent in the area if possible.I can play guitar or mandolin equally as bad.Prefer to travel with mandolin.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Awesome deadstring - I hope you can make it! Bring your mando - there are plenty of guitars to go around!

44 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-01-03 23:17:21)

deadstring wrote:

14hrs 36min or 957.3 miles whichever comes first.

16 hrs 17 mins for me. Or 1050 miles.

topdown wrote:

Bring your mando - there are plenty of guitars to go around!

Yeah but there's just something about having an old friend to play. smile

unclejoesband wrote:
deadstring wrote:

14hrs 36min or 957.3 miles whichever comes first.

16 hrs 17 mins for me. Or 1050 miles.

topdown wrote:

Bring your mando - there are plenty of guitars to go around!

Yeah but there's just something about having an old friend to play. smile

992 miles for me although I'll stop to see my youngest daughter and grandson in St. Cloud first, so it'll actually be 1047 miles

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I've got about sixty miles to drive.  Then the pilot takes over, and Jeff does the tail end.  It's a good life I'm living, and I'm grateful for it!

It would be 4300 miles (7,000Km) from me. That is an awfully long swim. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

It would be 4300 miles (7,000Km) from me. That is an awfully long swim. lol

Roger

Probably be a world record. I say go for it. smile

2013 pics: http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/Chordiest … ;k=7cpz5dm

I guess I haven't got around to making a 2014 album yet.  It's only been 10 months.  Get off my back.

Great pics Zurf - thanks!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic