Topic: First Gig in Years!

I played a trio show last Sunday. First gig in many years. Sadly I forgot to delegate video taking responsibility but my GF was lovely enough to catch part of this Phish cover. At the end we jammed it in to a song by the Meters. I'll get the whole thing next time for y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kToksw4JMM

Re: First Gig in Years!

Joe - You rock dude. Need more vids of you and I sure hope you can make it to chordistock one of these years!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks JT. Next year I might make it if it's ok to bring a 1 year old in tow. I hope she takes after her Dad and plays an instrument. smile

Absolutely! - I would love to meet Mom and the Kid! I have no doubt she will be rockin' your nights away.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

5 (edited by Grah1 2015-01-27 08:32:43)

Great  sound  would  have loved to see  more  loved it

That's a nice, tight arrangement ... especially since you haven't gigged for a while. Well done! Your drummer & bassist really kept things together well during your soloing, and I love the clean sound from your Marshall. BGD rocks!

Thank you but Marshall eeeek! there was a Fender Deville 410 next to the Marshall but it was obscured by my rump. smile

Enjoyed it bgd,I got too meet the Real Wolfman from American graffiti  at a custom car show I had my car in years ago. Super nice person,we only got too hear his music broadcasts on the weekends when he cranked up the radio stations output.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Baldguitardude wrote:

Thank you but Marshall eeeek! there was a Fender Deville 410 next to the Marshall but it was obscured by my rump. smile

Not to be too cute, but I guess I hit a "bad note" mentioning Marshall (LOL). Didn't see your DeVille in the background. It would seem just from observation, that single-coil players prefer Fender amps (DeVille, Twin, etc.) while humbucker players prefer Marshall, Hughes & Ketner, etc. They certainly have their distinctive sounds, so I guess it's all about preferences.

I've been thinking about moving from fender to something hotter but that amp has been with me for 14 years or so and I'm a sentimental fool. 

Interestingly my guitar tech just changed my pups out- those are stacked humbuckers.  I was concerned I would lose the strat sound but thankfully that hasn't been the case....you can't hear it on this tune due to the OD on the plimSoul but it still has that nice glassy sound. 

I was just giving you a hard time re the Marshall.  wink

No worries, BGD ... kinda figured that.

I believe your DeVille uses 6L6 tubes? I wonder what would happen if you simply swapped in some EL34's ... they tend to break up earlier, and that might give you the extra ooomph you're looking for. My Peavey VK212 originally came with 6L6's, and I really like the difference that the Sovtek EL34's have made (switched them last year).

As far a "dream amplifier" goes, I'd love to have a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade TSC100 combo. But at around $2500 CDN, that's not going to happen.

I had those tube amp converter thingies in them for a while (can't remember what they're called) and they sounded ok. Now I just have a cheap power soak in the effects loop and I drive the heck out of the amp on the front and then pull the volume back down. smile