Topic: WHY oh WHY

THERE is a brand new album: BUT, WHY, probably because a different taste, THAT VERY SAME ALBUM, HAS MOST TRACKS IN COMMON, but there is more than sometimes a difference in the sequence of the songs.
There are 3 major, sometimes 4,
- USA release
- UK release
- JAPANESE release
- (sometimes an European release. I will show you this, using the album tracks of the first Pink Floyd Album: go ahead collectorsUK LP RELEASE
Astronomy Domine
Lucifer Sam
Matilda Mother
Flaming
Pow R.Toc H
Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
Interstellar Overdrive
The Gnome
Chapter 24
Scarecrow
Bike

US LP RELEASE See Emily Play
Pow R.Toc H
Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk
Lucifer Sam
Matilda Mother
Scarecrow
The Gnome                                                                    DO YOU SEE THE
Chapter 24                                                                      DIFFERENCE & WHY????
Interstellar Overdrive

JAPANESE LP RELEASE
Astronomy Domine
Lucifer Sam
Matilda Mother
Flaming
Pow R.Toc H
Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
Interstellar Overdrive
The Gnome
Chapter 24
Scarecrow
Bike
See Emily Play
SORRY FOR THE SPACE I TOOK

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHY oh WHY

Hey Doc,
I'm probably wrong about this but I will speculate on why I think this happens. Before an album is released, the artists promotional staff release singles to the radiostations. The ratings that the singles produce will dictate what will be on a certain album. It's all about money. If the audience goes for a certain typeof music it will sell.

Just like books, you will not find many copies of Ilf and Petrovs '' Les Douze Chaises '' in bookstores in the middle of Canada or the States. The comic irony of the story would be lost on most people. Therefore from a buisness sense it would be illogical to produce and supply a market that has no need for such a product. Music is the same.

Just my two cents worth.

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

c'est bien possible de trouver "les douzes chaises" ici en Belgique, c'est magnifique de communicer comme ça, parce que je ne crois pas que beaucoup d'autres .... But I will continue in the "ENGLISH   LANGUAGE", why, Since I am here and I mean very often, writing topics and helping others, my skill to write and communicate WRITING are improved about 100%. It is easy, everytime I spell a word incorrect, there is a red line.
But coming back on your answer, I start remembering me that AND my ex, AND my sister worked both, in the record business. My sister: BMG ARIOLA: job was, and very well paid back in 82, to promote albums, and my ex WEA, having a lot of BIG names. Stupid, because now I remember me that she came home, with at least 10-20 different albums, in a white sleeve, used for marketing purposes, I had albums, like Möttley Crue, in 1982, and her boss had to decide if this album was OK for the European market. At least 50% didn't succeed. I was also told that, when you buy an album, that there is a DIFFERENT approach and taste, and most people, when they start listening to an album: if they don't like the first song, there is a possibility that people don't buy the album. But NOW: THIS IS COLLECTORS PARADISE. If you have early stones records, same title, not the same order, and an extra song (more in Japan), or a song not good for the US market, so not on that album: prices for original albums can go pretty high.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey Doc,
I have noticed the improvement in your posts and e-mails. You have a fantastic gift for learning languages. I was just lucky enough that my parents decided to send us to english school.  Les Douze Chaises et un livre manifique n'est pas? Mon autre passion c'est la literature.

Bonne Journée
Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

About languages, yes it is strange, I did learn at least 25% more English, more writing English.
If you see your, or other kids, their English is far better than what we learned on school. I am also able to "MIMIC" languages. At least 5 times on a trip in the States, they asked me from which state I was. It is a matter of honor to communicate in the language of your host.
I should be living now in or around MIAMI, because I was accepted as Cruise Line Doctor. But in the contract was written, that if they didn't like something concerning your health, that it was their task to contact my treating "collueges", I had even an appointment in the US Embassy, to get my work permit, but nothing happened, Email: what, and when  Answer: there might be some medical issues.
Goodbye dream job. It was too beautiful to be true, and being "captain" and the 5th in rang, you are the only officer who receives MONEY TO DRINK, you treated someone, and you were supposed to stay in contact, to see the evolution. I don't think I was physical able to do this job, and the consequences could be catastrophic (law suit and more),

Doc,
Damn good question!!!
Whydo bands or record companies, or both do this?

My guess is maybe it was first made in th UK and "see Emily play" was not ready for recording so they rushed through with the others, then when it came to releasing it abroad they had See Emily play recorded?
I dunno, or maybe like said it is to do wit hwhat the reord companies think a particular audience would like to hear? but then I tihnk all fans in the 60's would have loved to have see emily play on the first album.

I really must invite Roger Waters  up here for a few beers and whiskies and quiz him a lot about everything,lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

GOOD MORNING Upyerkilt. It is something I knew at least 25 years, and I could have a nice WHITE SLEEVE ALBUMS in my collection, see my ex and my sister. They where samples, and were received a few months before they came on the market. Like, the fact that on 1 sunny day, my ex had a brand new Rod Stewart. Her boss, was resposable for Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
The sample (a 100% album containing all the songs) was judged for:
- do we agree, and like the songs? The album went to all major radio stations, and small radio stations, they had to turn this album, and give their opinion.
- they also had the right to tell what song they would list first.
3 major parts: USA  UK & Europe Japan. If she didn't sell her albums (still white) on a flea market 15 years ago, the value could be very high in $$, and especially if that album was only on the US market and never in Europe. I did like your answer upyer, and you can still find a lot of different albums, with the track list. I remember me that in JAPAN, they often had bonuses.
I had a book once with all the Stones albums, and their prices. I saw some pretty expensive albums.
If you invite Waters, I'll be there too. You are (I hope) still able, to find almost all the "POST PINK FLOYD" era, at least in Napster and Audiogalaxy time, at the top of their glory, I was at home (crash) and I have very, very rare albums, BOOTLEGS, but super quality, and songs, correction albums of all the members of Pink Floyd, I have also every Fleetwood Mac song, all the Bee Gees (22 CD's, not included some disco albums), they wrote a tremendous amount of songs: I burned a 70 minutes CD full. Very hard to find to, and this was so easy to follow, the TOM FOGERTY's the McCartney's classic albums, like standing stone and another, performers were proffessional opera singers, and MARK KNOPFLER's. They were hard to find, and they were downloaded from my napster like hell. I even had to interrupt sometimes, because it was not so fast as mow, and 3 others, uploading my songs, affected real bad my download speed. If you want this now, maybe you'll find some (especially on WinMx), but you need to have a lot of patience, it took me 6 months for my Bee Gees, and the same time for my Fogerty's and Knopflers.
Having "EVERY PINK FLOYD SONG" on the world, I am busy know to start it over, album by album, and not like I did before, 35 ' and 38' = 2 albums on one CD.