Topic: WFFS

The Foothills Folk Society (FFS), a local non-profit group made up of artists and musicians  https://www.facebook.com/foothillfolk  will be putting on its fifth annual winter concert/fund raiser at the Chillicothe, Ohio branch campus of Ohio University this Friday.  This years theme will be an imaginary old-time radio station - WFFS.  Yours truly has been selected to be one of the co-hosts as well as one of the 15 performers/acts for the event.  My co-host (guitar/mandolin player Bryan Joseph) and I have been working together for a couple of weeks writing ads/promos to read, intros for the acts, etc as well as making a few props to look like old-fashion microphones, etc that would be expected to be seen at an old radio station.

I'll be performing a couple new songs I've written : "Spirit of the Foothills" (a theme song for the group) and "Devil's Creek Church of God"  a song idea that has been laying around in my "hook book" for several years and I finally got around to writing recently. The acts will be from various skill levels such as some of the students in our "Bridge" program which puts free lessons and guitars in the hands of local children who's families could not normally afford it, to performances by several accomplished musicians and singer/song writers that have played local venues for years.

As we do at all our performances, there will be no cover charge but we encourage folks to bring food or monetary donations for the local food bank.  Last we donated 2.7 tons of food and several hundred dollars to the food bank and are hoping to exceed that this year.  We also accept donations to FFS to be used for group expenses and purchasing instruments for the Bridge program.

It should be a lot of fun and I'm hoping all goes smoothly.  My wife just wants to see me on stage wearing a vest and bow tie smile

Ken

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: WFFS

Uh...not JUST a vest and bow tie... right? 

I hope all goes well.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

I hope all goes well.

I got a good laugh out of that!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

I hope all goes well.

I got a good laugh out of that!

I agree, that was pretty funny. - Good one Zurf smile

In the words of a mutual friend of Dirty Ed and I, "I'll be there with bells on. And pants. Pants would be good."

Joking aside, it's a terrific charity and I really do wish you fantastic success.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Things went smooth and the weather co-operated although we didn't quite fill the concert hall.  Still, between the food and monetary donations we probably donated in the neighborhood of 4500 lbs of food to the local food bank, which is greatly needed this time of year.  After hearing some of the  fantastic performers that took the stage, especially the original tunes of some of the singer/songwriters, I am contemplating burning my guitars. sad

DE

Before you strike the match, contemplate a trip to Virginia.