Topic: Guitar center to close

Have you guys heard this??  I have seen a few blurbs about it.  Iwonder if they are just going to stick to online and kill brick and morter? or just keep Musicians frind, since they are both owned by the same holding company.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Guitar center to close

This is the first I have heard of it,I hope they donot close.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I just did a quick check and it seems like they're continuing operations for now. Seems they have been in trouble for the past year or so. Lots of head cutting going on in their corporate ranks. Looks like this is a last ditch effort to keep things running. Only time will tell.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Sweetwater is giving them a run for there money and Amazon is killing a lot of retail stores like Radio Shack etc.. the bottom line is money most people are trying to get the best bang for there bucks

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Always hard to see an established business fail. It means someone's dream has come to an end, and it's usually the bigger fish eating the smaller ones.

Where will all the legends in their own garage play now?

The problem with Guitar Center is three fold in my opinion. 1. Inventory carrying costs.  2. They treat their customers as if they are thieves. 3. Their staff - except every once in a while in the high end acoustic guitar room - doesn't know their stock, or at least is unwilling to share that information.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Where will all the legends in their own garage play now?

The problem with Guitar Center is three fold in my opinion. 1. Inventory carrying costs.  2. They treat their customers as if they are thieves. 3. Their staff - except every once in a while in the high end acoustic guitar room - doesn't know their stock, or at least is unwilling to share that information.

I couldn't agree more.  My local mom n pop shop has better prices along with way more knowledge and far superior customer service.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.