Topic: Dear Friends

Just letting you know I'll be MIA for a while. My wife Dondra's blood pressure has suddenly climbed way out of control and I'll be at the hospital with her. I think we can communicate with her tablet, but as I have never used such a device I'm not sure when. I'll be coming home from time to time and can post her progress. I know I can count on your thoughts and prayers and thank you very much for them.

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Dear Friends

Praying they get it under control quickly.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Best wishes from Virginia.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

All the best to Mrs. Strummerboy ... thinking of you during this challenging time.

Wishing all the best for you and Dondra.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

my thoughts and love go with you and your wife my friend

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

take care buddy.

hope she gets better soon Bill.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hang in there.  I hope your wife's condition improves soon.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Wishing and praying for Dondra's swift recovery.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Do what you need to do. We aren't going anywhere.

Best wishes to you both.

Thanks, everyone. After some intravenous fluids, her B/P came down to 170/85. Still too high, but managable. She sent me home and they plan on keeping her for an aggressive cardiac workup. We only live about 5 minutes away from the hospital. Thank you all for the get well wishes. I have passed them along and she thanks you very much. She's the subject of my latest blog entry which will show what a wonderful lady my wife is.

Thanks again!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

SBB, hope the hospital stay is brief and the results are all good. Give her all the TLC she needs and deserves. Keep us updated when you can.

nela

Bill,sending my thoughts and well wishes. And hoping for a speedy and full recovery for your Mrs. Hang in there buddy!

I wish her the best and you too Bill

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Best wishes, Bill!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Best wishes for a good outcome smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Best wishes, and thoughts with you both.  I'm sure it's scary for both of you right now.  Hopefully they get it under control more without having to do much more than perhaps an Rx change.  Take care of yourself, Bill!!!  Let the docs take care of her.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Y'all are some sure enough awesome people!  Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers these past few days. We got discharged this morning and since today is Valentine's Day I set up a little surprise for her in the bedroom and she loved it. Just a rose and her favorite breakfast of French Toast with strawberries and whipped cream. smile

Amy and everyone, we did get a lot of her meds changed and the docs think this may be thyroid related, so I'll be monitoring her BP and look out for any side effects as she gets used to all this new stuff.

You folks are the kind that makes me wish we all lived closer together.

Thanks so much

From Bill and Dondra!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Glad you both are home and and Ok.  Keep a close watch on the new meds and remember to take care of yourself too.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Good I am glad for both of you! Give her a good liplock kiss and a little tonsel hockey for valintines  day!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

22 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-16 01:54:48)

Will do, Brother dino and thanks! smile

Presently we're titrating dosages, being careful to monitor the blood pressure. We had one close call during the night when she started swooning (and it wasn't because I'm so good looking, hahaha) and I got there just in time to ease her down to the carpet.

That kind of thing happens when after sitting for a very long time, you stand up too fast; but this was caused by the meds being too strong. Anyway, all is well.

===============

Now about that "Tonsil Hockey": I'm going to  ass-u-me that's French Kissing or an open-mouth type thing? At about 14 years of age, all I knew was what we talked about in the Boy's Bathroom, but I thought I had the technique down.

Fast-Forward to age 15. Location: our broken-down little theater; Balls: Blue.

What I learned that night was that my technique needed some work. Apparently what I should have done was make sure both mouths were open a little after the initial "liplock' as you call it: she opens her mouth, you open yours and then the tongues touch each other, both lips slide around on each other, the tongues slip in and out, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc . ----------------- That's what one is supposed to do. I got the lip lock and then I sucked in real hard. Estimated negative pressure was about 80 mm Hg. Pain from slap which followed, on a scale of 1-10: about 8. Laughter volume measured in decibels: 6.0dB.

I'm sorry for the length (of this post).

Gotta go see Dondra. wink

Good night and have a good and stress-free work week, dear friends! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

LOL Just a plane old french kiss aka tonsal hockey,hope your wife gets too feeling better soon!