Topic: NGD -- My dream guitar.

I just ordered my dream guitar yesterday. A Gretsch White Falcon.  My wife used to always say "If I could afford it, I would buy you one".  Well, for awful reasons I can afford it. This is the only chance I will have to do this. This was also the same wife that made me buy my 59 Gibson LG 2. It was the only chance I had to get it. It feels like I am buying it with blood money. But I also feel that I deserve to get a new toy for myself after all my family and I have gone through the past year. It may sound bad, but it is what it is.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: NGD -- My dream guitar.

Don't cripple yourself with guilt. Hey it's a new guitar buddy. You deserve it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Enjoy what your wife said and feel no guilt , just enjoy and remember

Ditto to what Pete said.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

5 (edited by dino48 2015-03-01 20:56:25)

Double ditto on all the above posts,and. It is good. Too see you back again.:-) :-) :-) I just saw the picture of it ,looks awesome. You do deserve this very much.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Get whatever makes you happy while your on this side of the dirt go for it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Play the hell out of that guitar.  It's an ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good.  You've had a terrible time and heartbreak, but there is some small consolation.  That's just how life works.  No cause for guilt.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Congrats, JJJ ... and more dittos on what others have said. What your dear wife said and your reaction, speaks volumes about the your character, and the bond you had between you. This is an incredibly beautiful guitar coming your way, and we know you'll play it in her honour.

http://www.soundhouse.co.jp/images/shop/prod_img/g/gre_240-1401-805ia.jpg

Love it, respect it, play it, enjoy it. You deserve it.

Thick as two short planks

i thought you would have left the plastic bit on the end of the whammy

i love my gretsch smile