Topic: Crawfish are here and

they are higher than a camels butt. If you buy them already boiled you can expect to pay in the neighborhood of $6.00 a pound for them. If you buy them live, by the sack, they will cost you $4.00 / pound. All you can eat, in a resturant, that'll cost you around $50.00 per person depending on how many beers it takes to wash everything down. Me. I think I'll wait until after Easter as the price usually goes down to a where you dont have to "float" a loan just to eat them. A sack of select crawfish weighs around 33 to 35
pounds and when we have a "boil" we usually go through at least 4 sacks + all the extra's that go with them.
Ummmmmmmmm, mudbugs!!!

Nela

Re: Crawfish are here and

Yep. You're from Louisiana, all right. smile

But I'll leave you to the crawfish and stick to shrimp.

I don't know why. I just always heard y'all suck their brains out of their heads. Maybe that's got something to do with it. smile

But, bon appetit to all of you!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Pinch da tails and suck da heads.

The heads, on good crawfish, ar'a full of fat. That be's where the flavor comes from so if you don't wanna suck da head ya use yore little finger to scoop out da fat and suck on dat.

Tray of crawfish and a bottle of Pearl pop with da foam on top = jus don' get any bedder.

Nela

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-03-20 18:21:52)

Is that you, Justin Wilson??

I'll take your word, NELA. I've never seen live Zydeco, you're only three states away and I have been through West Monroe on my bicycle, soooooo. smile

Thanks,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com